Bake on finishes....

cubby

smarty cat
the short bus has pulled up. i am on board. teach me something....

got a fat piece of 01 which i am thinking about using guncoat on. what say ye? sounds easy. then, so did the compound grind i ground off because it was terrible....... sounds easy, and "turns out well" are not commonly associated.....

A lot of folks have used gun coat and liked it. I hear It's durable stuff.

As for your grinds, Dunno? :)

I'll tell you cubby, I went through the whole researching applied finished thing. I tried Duracoat, guncoat, etc. Never got past the prototyping and testing phase. The duracoat was a huge joke. I even tried baking it on, just to see what would happen and it still came right off. I even sent some knives out to be hybrid polyester epoxy powder coated. They just ended up looking like pooh after just some light use. There is just no way that any coating is not going to mar or come off completely after the first real use. Even my Zero Tolerance 0300 carry knife, that I baby has marring and scratches in the ti nitride coating. I have since given up on the whole coating thing.

There is also Cerakote but I am sure it would scratch also. Its a ceramic based coating that is said to be much better than duracoat.

Larry

Back