Balisong concepts - what do You think?

Ostap

Hi!

Recently I've made some sketches of my balisong knife - I want to do one for myself. Maybe you will have any suggestions or advices about design?

Thanks

Balisong #1

iDdtfBK.jpg

iC2Osmq.jpg

hb5KI0z.jpg

nvWdtnw.jpg

CVoZ3u8.jpg

Zb4HKzp.jpg

UIB3P4o.jpg

i4XggAJ.jpg

wCb4eKy.jpg

WoBQNtv.jpg

T9ZRhBc.jpg

7oRJm1p.jpg

VBGO5AG.jpg

Balisong #2

VclaV94.jpg

FAa2F0a.jpg

K9N5Zbz.jpg

oByx2hO.jpg

zL8bthj.jpg

IMHO Bali 2 is one I'd love to see made. Really appeals to my tastes. That blade grind looks like it'd be a little difficult to achieve.
Mike

nice designs and renders. You have CAD-Fu skills.

It appears, the kick pin screws and the latch block screws (inside ones) are a bit too close to the edge and your chamfer is going to cut into the screws during finish or the screw heads are going to hang over the chamfer and you will get picked apart for that.

is the hole on the back end of the latch a spring hole? Where will it hook? if not, how do you minimize latch clash?

Thanks,

Blade grind definitely will be really hard to achieve - but I will try to do my best.

nice designs and renders. You have CAD-Fu skills.

It appears, the kick pin screws and the latch block screws (inside ones) are a bit too close to the edge and your chamfer is going to cut into the screws during finish or the screw heads are going to hang over the chamfer and you will get picked apart for that.

is the hole on the back end of the latch a spring hole? Where will it hook? if not, how do you minimize latch clash?

Thank You for advice.

Yes, this is spring hole. I've planned to do it like this (red circles are pins and green line is spring):

KyMatGW.jpg

If you go into production with the spring version you might review that patent. They actively protect it.

What CAD program are using?

Remember this design?

iDdtfBK.jpg

I've decided to do some practice before grinding it (grinds, beveling, rounding etc.). I've took piece of carbon steel and now it looks like this:

SVbf6Cz.jpg

CHaMXd3.jpg

K3iSlDe.jpg

bjxd3qT.jpg

i2v2eUi.jpg

What do You think?

Also, my buddy always made fun of me for working I the shop in my sandals or slippers, glad to see I'm not the only one that does this, lol!

wayne

Hi!

Recently I've made some sketches of my balisong knife - I want to do one for myself. Maybe you will have any suggestions or advices about design?

Thanks

Balisong #1

iDdtfBK.jpg

iC2Osmq.jpg

hb5KI0z.jpg

nvWdtnw.jpg

CVoZ3u8.jpg

Zb4HKzp.jpg

UIB3P4o.jpg

i4XggAJ.jpg

wCb4eKy.jpg

WoBQNtv.jpg

T9ZRhBc.jpg

7oRJm1p.jpg

VBGO5AG.jpg

Balisong #2

VclaV94.jpg

FAa2F0a.jpg

K9N5Zbz.jpg

oByx2hO.jpg

zL8bthj.jpg

I think number two is awesome. Anything with that sort of color
I had an idea too. You know the bench made 42 I hope put around the holes that red color and the latch that same color. Or something similar but I do love option 2

Back