Basic Hunter

alaska dave

It's a bit intimidating to post my work compared to other stuff I see on this site, but here goes anyway.

8.5" overall 1095 HC 5/32" thick. 4" cutting edge. Double etched.
Handles are Cocobolo with stainless pins. Leather sheath is my work as well. This is roughly my 35th knife, learn more every blade.
IMG_0391.jpgIMG_0393.jpg

Hey Dave,
One of the best ways to learn is through critique and the only way to get critique is to show your work.
I really like your blade shape and finish on both blade and handle. If where the handle meets the blade at the spine is suppose to be a thumb rest the spine should have been rounded more to give better flow and be more comfortable. It looks like you have nice grind line on the blade but if you would have matched the top with the bottom curve you would have better flow and a more pleasing grip. I had two cents that I thought I would offer. Really looking forward to your next creation and remember it is all about having fun, so enjoy your journey.:yes:

Wade

Dave I like your knife and it looks well done and very rugged, and the sheath looks good as well. Keeping the top line in a flow is always a challenge. Thanks for sharing your work.
Paul

Back