Belt grinder

By the way - I REALLY like this forum. Honestly, it's the only one I don't curse on. :) I guess "family friendly" really got to me.

So I pulled the trigger last night and the Alec Steele is ordered. I will let everyone know how it works out when it gets here. Thanks for all the opinions and advice.

I bought 2 ameribrade grinders 2 years ago for my bladesmith school and they have been awesome........i really liked the customer service and the quality of their product....no issues so far with anything......i have 2 burr kings and they were a lot more money at the time.....still running strong after 25 years with zero repairs

Okay, I may end up with a reputation over this. But I canceled the Alec Steele grinder and placed my order for the Ameribrade.

Worse yet, when I showed my wife, she said "why not get the whole thing". So I left a message and email to change the order to the Mastery Package.

In case anyone was wondering the things that shifted me were:

* They have a phone
* The device is powder coated
* Their tilting mechanism seemed more engineered
* Larger drive wheel

Okay, I may end up with a reputation over this. But I canceled the Alec Steele grinder and placed my order for the Ameribrade.

Worse yet, when I showed my wife, she said "why not get the whole thing". So I left a message and email to change the order to the Mastery Package.

In case anyone was wondering the things that shifted me were:

* They have a phone
* The device is powder coated
* Their tilting mechanism seemed more engineered
* Larger drive wheel

It's a big investment. No harm in changing your mind. Nice that the wife said to get the whole thing!

Back