Big Camp Bowie

John, your work and attention to detail always amazes me, yet I would expect no less though from you!! Love the file work on the spacers, the hamon and the overall look says, look at me I am quality! Two thumbs up!!

It is the fine details in your knives that make them truly incredible. The longer I look at your knives the more little details I see. Fantastic.

Here's the latest bowie out of my shop. Its a guardless camp bowie.

Forged from 1075 with active hamon
14 1/2" overall, 9 1/2" blade
Black g-10 fluted collars
File-worked bronze accents
Stabilized afzelia xylay handleView attachment 63939View attachment 63940View attachment 63941View attachment 63942View attachment 63943
Here's the latest bowie out of my shop. Its a guardless camp bowie.

Forged from 1075 with active hamon
14 1/2" overall, 9 1/2" blade
Black g-10 fluted collars
File-worked bronze accents
Stabilized afzelia xylay handleView attachment 63939View attachment 63940View attachment 63941View attachment 63942View attachment 63943
I will not dare show mine when complteed after seeing this specimen.

Lovely work, well done.

Lovely work, well done.
Evfery one of us started with offerings the showed a need for inprovment so this is a forum for the beginner and the master craftsmen and there is as much enthusiasm for a beginners inprovments as there is for the masters very highly skilled work which we all look at with great apreciation.

Lovely work, well done.

Thanks for the kind words my friend! But please....do not hesitate to show any of your work. Everyone is at different places in life, and different experience/skill set levels. Everyone here is interested in making all of us better as a group.

I'm just a low-tech guy making stuff in his garage......when there isn't a good fly hatch on. :D

I must admit that I am so encouraged by the skills on here, in awe of it all.

I am 75 now and do not know the people I used to scrounge bits off, at one time mates would say "is this any good to you, can you use these", the point I am making is stuff is hard to come by, all sorts used to come out off the engineering/car factories in Coventry, you good virtually get anything, now I do not know anyone at working age so get nowt. lol lol lol/

Trying to buy a small quantity of brass for example is not easy but costs the earth.
Nuts and bots I have plenty of but you cannot scrounge them now

I worked in the aerospace industry for some time and you could get anything, the scrap tip was a gold mine without nicking it.

Trying to get a bit of brazing or welding done is almost impossible here.

I have some liquid metal weld stuff for my Bowie finger guard, hope it works

I will use Gorilla Glue as well, messy but I love its power of adhesion.

Back