Bladeshow 2021

More than likely I should get there by 1000 hrs or so its about three hours. My son and I are going with a friend.
My wife and I are headed there right after work tomorrow. Should be at the hotel sometime around midnight give or take. We’ll gain an hour so hopefully it’ll be sooner than that.

Unfortunately, as of late, Blade Show 2020 won't occur because of concerns encompassing the COVID-19 pandemic. The show, which is one of the biggest in the blade world, was initially delayed to later in the year yet has since been totally dropped.

You do realize it’s 2021 now right? …anyways, I couldn’t make it but I will next year. I went a few years ago and blew about a grand on material. It was a great time!

Unfortunately, as of late, Blade Show 2020 won't occur because of concerns encompassing the COVID-19 pandemic. The show, which is one of the biggest in the blade world, was initially delayed to later in the year yet has since been totally dropped.
Yep. That’s why the title of the thread is Bladeshow 2021. You must have read it wrong.

I had a lot of fun. It is way too much to try and do in one day though. I spent too much money for sure but I enjoyed it. There was a forge press/roller mill/twister combo machine there that was just awesome. More handle material than you can look at and all the major steel suppliers were there not to mention leather. You could supply your whole shop for the year and not pay shipping. We sat down at a random table to eat lunch and all of the sudden I realized I was eating lunch with Aldo Bruno. He was a nice guy, just like talking to a friend. One thing the show taught me for sure was that there are a lot of makers who’s work is better than mine...but not all of them. That was a little reassuring but emphasized the need to push my boundaries. I will be back next year for sure.

I had a lot of fun. It is way too much to try and do in one day though. I spent too much money for sure but I enjoyed it. There was a forge press/roller mill/twister combo machine there that was just awesome. More handle material than you can look at and all the major steel suppliers were there not to mention leather. You could supply your whole shop for the year and not pay shipping. We sat down at a random table to eat lunch and all of the sudden I realized I was eating lunch with Aldo Bruno. He was a nice guy, just like talking to a friend. One thing the show taught me for sure was that there are a lot of makers who’s work is better than mine...but not all of them. That was a little reassuring but emphasized the need to push my boundaries. I will be back next year for sure.
That press/rolling mill did look very nice I sent him a message a while back and never heard anything back about them. Did he mention anything on the price point?

The whole machine was right at $15000. He may have said under 15k. It would take up quite a small space for what you get. Also it is single phase 220.

From Chris
One thing the show taught me for sure was that there are a lot of makers who’s work is better than mine...but not all of them. That was a little reassuring but emphasized the need to push my boundaries. I will be back next year for sure.

Great observation!!

I know a lot of makers that think their work is FANTASTIC!! IMO, a lot of it is GARBAGE!! Scratches in and around Ricaso, off center bevels, 2x4 slab sides!! Just junk and then they ask what you think! If ya tell them the truth they get mad as hell!!

I'd definitely like to see some pix! I'll get there someday!
I felt kind of weird Taking pictures of others’ work. I have been to blacksmith festivals where pictures are frowned upon and some people get down right rude about it. I was not sure how it would be received at blade. I would have liked to take some pictures though.

Back