Blue Amber and Abalone

Amazing work man...how long does it take to make a piece like that? I'm new to the hobby/craft and am full of ... um ... questions ;)

Wow Mark that's stunning, I just ordered all the equipment to start graving,feels a little strange after doing scrimshaw for years with nothing but a sharp glovers needle. I may have to give you a shout for some guidance.

Wow Mark that's stunning, I just ordered all the equipment to start graving,feels a little strange after doing scrimshaw for years with nothing but a sharp glovers needle. I may have to give you a shout for some guidance.

That would be fine. The best advise I could give is, take a class. I went to the GRS school for a week. It's really worth it. There's just so much to learn.

That would be fine. The best advise I could give is, take a class. I went to the GRS school for a week. It's really worth it. There's just so much to learn.
Certainly something t ok think about,to bad there isn't something like that up here as I dont leave Alaska to often.It doesn't surprise me that you took the class as a mutual friend of ours told me you are always going on the next adventure.

Certainly something t ok think about,to bad there isn't something like that up here as I dont leave Alaska to often.It doesn't surprise me that you took the class as a mutual friend of ours told me you are always going on the next adventure.

Who's this mutual friend?

Who's this mutual friend?
For the life of me I cant remember his last name and if i had my note book i could look it up but you should know who I'm talking about, Pilot Car Mike .Runs pilot car out of fairbank and has done a lot of missionary work.

For the life of me I cant remember his last name and if i had my note book i could look it up but you should know who I'm talking about, Pilot Car Mike .Runs pilot car out of fairbank and has done a lot of missionary work.

Ah, Mike Johnson. Good dude. Long time trapper, halibut guide and nice guy.

Ah, Mike Johnson. Good dude. Long time trapper, halibut guide and nice guy.
Yup that's him,best pilot car I've ever had and one tuff old guy,he showed up once this summer ready to go to work with his lip swollen up like a hot dog ready to burst and full of stitches,if I remember correctly he fell off his bicycle. That may not be that impressive for a young man but Mike is well into his 70s and might weigh a buck 10.Pure Alaskan .

Back