British Bayonet Frog

LiamLynch

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/4194/photoapr29221905.jpg
I was given this. It seems to be of no monetary value and of no use as a sheath. I don't really know what to do with it. I don't want to throw it away. If anyone is willing to pay postage from Scotland I will give it away but I'm sure most if you can get plenty if these. I don't really know where to post this or asking for postage is allowed. I won't make money from this. I may be able to get more but it is unlikely. Not knowing what to do with it is annoying me and the rules say that the onl way to find a use is to get rid of it. So there we go, a vaguely knife related item that can go to anyone who wants it. I would pay postage if I could afford it.

What kind of bayonet dose it fit? Around here (New Scotland) there are a few guys into collecting old military anything dating from WW1 or WW2. If you have not checked out the local area there may be some collectors around who would like to buy it. We have a few gun shows (flea markets for firearms) that always attract people looking for this sort of thing.

I'm looking for anything related to Ross rifles so if it is for a Ross bayonet I'm interested.

What kind of bayonet dose it fit? Around here (New Scotland) there are a few guys into collecting old military anything dating from WW1 or WW2. If you have not checked out the local area there may be some collectors around who would like to buy it. We have a few gun shows (flea markets for firearms) that always attract people looking for this sort of thing.

I'm looking for anything related to Ross rifles so if it is for a Ross bayonet I'm interested.

Liam,
Is this leather or canvas? what kind of material is it?

It doesn't look like a Military bayo sheath or frog as far as I can tell from the picture? at least a older one, don't know what they issue these days.

Brad,
Of course you are interested in old Ross rifle stuff! isn't anyone that knows about WW1 Us-Canadian rifles. :biggrin:

I once saw a 1911A1 .45 cal. Pistol that was made by Ross, I don't know if they ever filled a contract for them?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

It is a current issue frog, I got it from air cadets who where chucking out a bunch. It's made of canvas with some kind of black plastic interior. There are loads kicking about here, they sell for what I believe is around 5USD. It has no collector value whatsoever.

Thanks for the information Liam, it is generous of you to offer the frog for the shipping. Hopefully you can find a new home for it

Since I started the derail
1911A1 .45 cal. Pistol that was made by Ross
During the WW1 Ross made a number of different firearms under licence and I think the 1911 was one of them. Up here in Canada Ross collectors would be tripping all over themselves to get a 1911 A1 made by Ross. Personally I'm trying to rebuild a Ross Mk3 (Canadian issue in WW1 untill replaced by the Lee Enfield) and a bayonet scabbard is on my wish list. The unique action of the Mk3 was its downfall, highly accurate rifle but too fine for the trenches. There are many accounts of Canadian solders using wood and rocks to pound open the action after it became frozen.

Sorry Liam for the derail

Back