Budget small wheel

This forum sure beats trying to figure everything out by your lonesome. I just started building my grinder today, perfect timing. Both ideas are great.

Larry

Great stuff man, id like to see the knife when finished2thumbs

Heres the finished knife. Its actually been done for a while.
amboyna2.jpg

amboyna.jpg

You wouldn't happen to know what the thread on those handle mount screws are would you. I almost picked one of these up last weekend, but I couldn't find the right threaded screws for mountingthe tabs. They are a fine thread machine screw right?

I do not know the threads size. Sorry, I found some in a bin in the shop that worked out for me.

That "Dragster" sander uses a brush type motor...you could probably make it variable speed with the right dimmer switch or a router speed control from harbor freight.

I also looked up replacement parts for that sander at a random online parts supply http://www.ereplacementparts.com/black-and-decker-ds321-type-sander-parts-c-4167_4300_4307.html and it looks like a replacement small wheel assembly is 12.00

Cool idea for sure and thanks for sharing it. 2thumbs

That reminds me...

I have a foot switch I use sometimes on the low amp tools. It helps with the Dragster because it's a pain to reach the trigger lock with dust collector installed. You just leave it on and press the foot foot switch when you walk up to it.

Back