Busy day

I certainly dont want to "prove" its ability in that regard. lol
let's see....

long enough to reach the heart...check.
strong enough to not break...check.
thin enough to get between two ribs...check.
handle big enough to shove hard...check.

yep....it's a proper lion killer.
You just can't "advertise"as such till someone actually uses
it on a big cat...lol

I got my first order for them today from a professional hunter/safari outfiter in Zimbabwe who has lion hunts booked for this season with one to be given as a gift to the hunter if/when he gets his lion. I dare say that Harry Wollhunters story will be told round the campfire at the end of the day and the tradition of the gesture with its undoubted apreciation may become a standard practice for his outfit, - but, they will be given after the hunt rather than before, so the temptation to do the actual hunt with the knife will be forstalled= at least untill the hunter returns home and the bar room bragidiccio runs amok.

Have got most of these ready for sheaths and sharpening now (except for the couple of HT lion knife blades of course)
At top is two unfinished lion knives and on the right the prototype finished.
Then under the lion knife is a general purpose knife in brass and buff horn, a rimu boner in trade for some beautiful handle wood pieces, a zebrawood and brass AH BG knife, a pair with a safaru hunter with walnut and brass and its companion field scalpel in walnut, a hunter skinner in hickory and buff horn, a light hunter with olive canvas micarta bolster and brown linen micarta, and at the bottom is another pair with a special order safari hunter in brass and buff horn with its companion field scalpel.
On the left under the unfinished lion knife is the giveaway AH BG knife another 2 under it, then 3 BG hunter butchers, a boner all with buff horn and blackwood and at the bottom is a hunter skinner in very dark Jarah.
There are still another couple in the drawer to get ahead a bit but those ordered in this lot will all be ready to ship with sheaths by Jan 10 when I will start to trust the post again. Some of these I will be posting in the classified section at some stage as they were done to please me with the different handle combinations like the zebrawood, the hickory and the micarta samples.
SoUVzv7l.jpg

I was sharpening all these knives ready for shipping next week and got a bit careless but I do know that they are sharp and ready to cut skin and meat although they will stop at the bone.

DsuihIkl.jpg

I was sharpening all these knives ready for shipping next week and got a bit careless but I do know that they are sharp and ready to cut skin and meat although they will stop at the bone.

DsuihIkl.jpg
Yep. I hate testing a knife that way! :)

Back