Camillius knives

lg&m

I have two camillus Becker's and a few other Camillus knives. I have been using the Becker's but now I am wandering should I put them away? Save them as collectors?
I could list all the model's if that would help.

The BK-7 is a favorite of mine. It was one of several blades which made my first
trip to Iraq with me. As soon as I found out that Camillus would be no more, it was put away. I'm not sure of current market value of used BK models, but "new" models were fetching about 2 X MSRP prior to Kabar picking up the line.

I have a Becker BK 5 that is new in the box & I'm keeping it put away.

I saw the thread on camillus and couldn't not look at it. It's my understanding that they are no longer manufacturing knives? I think they have been in and out of production a few times?

Well, I own a camillus ka-bar style knife. I also own a ka-bar by gerber. I can't help but notice the superior blade geometry of the camillus over the other. I don't know much about the other knives made by camillus but just thought I'd share my thoughts on the ka-bar.

Well, I own a camillus ka-bar style knife. I also own a ka-bar by gerber. I can't help but notice the superior blade geometry of the camillus over the other. I don't know much about the other knives made by camillus but just thought I'd share my thoughts on the ka-bar.

By Ka-Bar styled do you mean a USMC combat utility knife? I didn't know Gerber made one. Cool. I just got a BK 11/ Necker by Ka-Bar. The new maker of the Becker line. I don't know witch one I like more yet the Ka-Bar or the Camillus.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I meant when I said Gerber. Any way, I also notice a difference in the hardness of the steel between the ka-bar and Camillus. The Camillus likes my Arkansas stone much better and takes a super fine edge much quicker. Probably a little softer, but I kind of prefer that just for maintainability sometimes. I have a friend who likes some of the new tactical folders with high tech steel and sometimes they are a real pain to sharpen. I will have to check out the BK 11.

I just read that Camillus is coming back. Their name was bought by Acne United. It looks like the Camillus traditional knives are gone. But Tactical knives it will be.
Story in Tactical Knives Magazine.

Craig

Back