Camillus MK1 Knife - Questions

Huey1N

Hello all,

I have what I believe to me a Camillus MK1 knife. It does not have "USN" stamped on it though, so my guess is that it's either from early on in the production run, or it might be the one they made for the Army Air Force. But it came from a tin can sailor from WW II, so I'm leaning towards the former. I would just like someone to confirm that for me.

I'm probably going to sell it. As you can see, it's not in the best shape, particularly the sheath. I'm a little bit loath to touch anything though, I am not that handy. But I figure it might make a good fixer upper for someone who is into that sort of thing. I also do not know anything about selling knives. What sort of considerations are there? I'm fairly certain they are legal to mail, but do I need to notify anyone about the sale? I live in New York City if that makes a difference.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

James

Attachments

• 02A.jpg
    02A.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 03A.jpg
    03A.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 04A.jpg
    04A.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 05A.jpg
    05A.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 06A.jpg
    06A.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • 07A.jpg
    07A.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 08A.jpg
    08A.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 01A.jpg
    01A.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Here's a link to a good discussion on this very knife (or pattern of knives): https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/302321-dating-camillus-mark-i-usn-knives/

The knife you have is in very good condition, particularly the stacked leather handle. Just to put your fears to rest, you really can't hurt that knife. While they are collectible, they are not highly valuable. A good cleaning with some hot soapy water and a follow up with some leather oil / leather conditioner would make the knife and sheath look very good. A little oil on the blade to protect from rust would be a good idea.

Here's a link to a good discussion on this very knife (or pattern of knives): https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/302321-dating-camillus-mark-i-usn-knives/

The knife you have is in very good condition, particularly the stacked leather handle. Just to put your fears to rest, you really can't hurt that knife. While they are collectible, they are not highly valuable. A good cleaning with some hot soapy water and a follow up with some leather oil / leather conditioner would make the knife and sheath look very good. A little oil on the blade to protect from rust would be a good idea.
Nice, thanks!

Back