Carbon fiber and jade ghost

N.N

I took a few months off this summer to step back for a minute, take a break, catch my breath etc.... Now I'm about to change jobs and I'm moving on up in the world (I hope :biggrin:). Honestly I haven't even been hanging around the forums much. I need to get back on the horse I guess.

This is the first since my break. I think it's probably the nicest thing I've ever put out. The lines are just about perfect, everything is even, the fit and finish are better by far than anything else I've done. I'm quite pleased with myself. Maybe I just needed a break to get reinvigorated. I hope you like it.

1/8 thick 1084, acid etched and lightly rolled around in some gravel, 4" cutting edge.

carbon fiber jade ghost copy.jpg

Looks great Nathan! Guess a little break did you some good. I've been wondering about you, but figured you just weren't sharing.

thanks guys! I've had the jade forever and used it before...I've always thought it could be so good looking with something but never saw anything I really liked it with. Using black g10 liners darkened it up considerably and with some scrap carbon fiber in front it started to work for my eyes. The funny thing is that I first tried it with SS pins in the jade. What really set it off for me was the carbon fiber tubes. They really tied it together....literally :)

I've used jade G10 a couple of times myself and it does look better with black liners. Gives the jade a deeper lustre. White liners make it look more like plastic. I'm re-handling an Estwing axe at present with jade G10 and black rubber spacers. I hope it turns out half as nice as the handle on your knife.

Just showing off this carry system. I made a fire steel to match the knife. The sheath allows for adjustable angled or straight strong side carry and the angled works well for cross draw as well. Molle lok attached to the back allows me to carry and attach to the the molle on my backpack. Oh, and of course the knife can be used to shave my bald head "Pitch Black" style should the need ever arise.

20151201_200557.jpg20151201_200327.jpg20151201_200342.jpg

Last edited:
Back