Cool little hunter/utility with some awesome ironwood...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
This is another one of my little patch/utility knives. This was a commissioned piece. Nothing spectacular but it's a cool little knife and I mostly wanted to show the ironwood. :) I've sold quite a few of these now. Seem to be very popular.

Specs:
Ground from 1084
6 7/8" overall, 3" blade, .120" thick at the ricasso with full distal taper
Rounded spine for comfort
Filed thumb grip
Tapered tang, tapered down to .050"
Desert Ironwood scales
german silver pins
Filed fuller on the butt end of the handle

All comments, discussion, critique and opinions welcome.

Another good looking knife! I like the ironwood and etched blade looks nice. I got to ask as I have been admiring the knifes you are making, how do you do work on the butt of the handle that little detail is slick and i like it not sure how the heck you are doing it. Mill or hand tools?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Another good looking knife! I like the ironwood and etched blade looks nice. I got to ask as I have been admiring the knifes you are making, how do you do work on the butt of the handle that little detail is slick and i like it not sure how the heck you are doing it. Mill or hand tools?

Justin, it's all filed by hand with hand files. I'm not even sure how it would or could be done on a mill, outside of a complicated CNC program. Even then, I'm not sure. It may be possible with a mill, but I'm sure I don't know how to do it. :D So it's all handwork for me. Thanks for the comment.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Justin, it's all filed by hand with hand files. I'm not even sure how it would or could be done on a mill, outside of a complicated CNC program. Even then, I'm not sure. It may be possible with a mill, but I'm sure I don't know how to do it. :D So it's all handwork for me. Thanks for the comment.
Cool thanks for the reply John. That is some fine work. I would like to try it on a knife down the road when my skills get there. Good to know it's not some fancy router or something just some time and patience I presume.

Back