"Coolest" pocket knife under $50

Ganzo has a very good selection in that price range. So does Kershaw.

Ganzo has drawn a lot of heat for ripping off designs but I couldn’t tell you which models.

Everyone’s idea of cool is different, but I’ve had two Kershaw “Blur” models which are great knives. I think they go for about $65 but that’s not too far out of the range you mentioned.

Camillus also has some good ones. I have always liked Camillus even though the quality can be hit and miss. I have gone through a couple of their marlinspike folders. Both broke the backspring on the marlinspike after about a year, but for the price it’s still a good deal. Marlinspike knives only come in two flavors- cheap and very expensive. I tend to drop things in the water on the regular, so a cheapy serves me well. If I ever get around to making my own it will definitely have a lanyard attached when I’m on the water.

Everyone’s idea of cool is different, but I’ve had two Kershaw “Blur” models which are great knives. I think they go for about $65 but that’s not too far out of the range you mentioned.
The difference in taste could make this a really interesting thread

Personally I think these are the coolest knife under $50. Decent steel, solid lock/construction, unique, great price.

I have seen them ranked high in numerous lists of great knives. Still don't have one, but I think it definitely need to be in the collection.

Gonna second the Opinels...grew up on them. making my own version right now (won't be under $50...lol. hoping to keep it in the $85 range) My boy's first knives were opinels...light, strong, great steel, sharp from factory, simple enough for a kid to use....They are simply a great knife. I also have a Cold Steel twist-master that is their take on the Opinel....not a "looker" but a very good knife also.

Last edited:
I've been mostly impressed with this knife for a few months now:
1619249271726.png
SRM (SanRenMu) 9201. It supposedly has a D2 steel blade, and the "axis" lock is nice. My only real complaint with it is that the pivot loosens up quite a bit, but I just haven't tracked down my tube of thread locker yet to fix it. The edge seems to hold up so far, and for $30, it's more/less exceeded my initial expectations.

Back