Couple of leather work firsts for me.

Austin Thrasher

Hey guys thought I’d post this up. This is my bushcrafter pattern I came up with and have had pretty good luck selling on a Bushcraft forum and at shows. Nothing fancy but just a nice little woodsy pattern. The sheath definitely not perfect but is the first time I’ve done a dangler which is not really a big deal but also the first time I’ve done any kind of tooling other than a few practice pieces. Definitely not up to the level of the awesome work I see you guys put out but I was proud of it and thought I’d share. Thanks for looking and have a great weekend fellas!1F24FCA1-CA87-4709-A4C8-7C33B19809EC.jpegC8854AC2-7E18-403F-995B-A6CC57C28C63.jpeg34991001-5E6C-4F4E-8E40-F338725EF061.jpeg

Do not down your work the knife and sheath are very good. One thing I have learned hanging out here is not to compare my work to what I see here. I do use what I see here to improve my work (greatly) and process but my knives stand on their own. They do not look like the high end guys you see here but their construction, quality, use-ability and edge holding will beat the crap out of anything people can get from a box store.

Disclaimer: None of the above constitutes an excuse for not striving to get better with each knife.

I have to squint real hard to see where the occasional stamp didn't quite meet up with the previous one. Good job. As Chris said, don't put your yourself down just because it didn't make it to 100%. You'll do better with the next one and the next one.

Doug

Back