Crocodile Dundee Knife - Bowie Hunting Knife

harrysteven

Famous Knife from movie Crocodile Dundee that's not a knife this is a knife.
Product Details: Length 18 Inch, Blade 12 Inch. Handle 6 Inch.
Blade made of J2/D2 Stainless steel.
Discounted Price 150$ with Free Shipping.

Crocodile-Dundee-Knife-Crocodile-Dundee-Bowie-Knife-BK-25.jpg

Just for clarity, are you saying this is THE actual knife from the movie?

Edit:
Ah.....never mind. Just checked the link and see this is spam. Nothing to see here.

I’ll never understand how something like that can be made on the other side of the planet; put on a truck, then a ship, sailed half way around the world, then on a few more trucks to who knows where, and then sold for $150.00 and still,more than one person is actually making money on it.

I’ll never understand how something like that can be made on the other side of the planet; put on a truck, then a ship, sailed half way around the world, then on a few more trucks to who knows where, and then sold for $150.00 and still,more than one person is actually making money on it.
exactly what I was thinking....If only I could "produce" in a country with no human rights laws, no pollution laws, no workers comp, workers living in barracks being paid in food....sigh...the good life...lol.

exactly what I was thinking....If only I could "produce" in a country with no human rights laws, no pollution laws, no workers comp, workers living in barracks being paid in food....sigh...the good life...lol.
It’s not always large operations like this. Often you have a bunch of small independent shops putting out a bunch of product and selling it cheap to an exporter. From there is not too expensive to send it on ship somewhere that is a central repository where the item is sold to the end user. Many times the materials are subpar allowing for the cheaper costs but also places like where I currently live have a low cost of living and the average salary reflects this reality. Therefore it isn’t “slave labor” but rather cheap labor. I know several knife makers who make full custom chef knives with decent materials (aebl, damasteel, etc) and sell the final product for about $100-$150. They make a normal living here and do just fine.

That Crocodile Dundee knife sounds like a pretty sweet piece of gear. I mean, who doesn't want to feel like Mick Dundee himself when they're out in the bush, right?
But if you're looking for something a bit more practical for hunting, you might want to check out https://walkeroutdoors.net/product/bergara-bxr-22lr-semi-auto/. They've got a sweet Bergara BXR .22LR semi-auto that's perfect for small game hunting. And at their discounted price of $150 with free shipping, it's a steal!
Of course, if you're dead set on getting that Crocodile Dundee knife, I won't stop you. Just make sure you don't try to take on any crocs with it, yeah?

Last edited:
@RJU: Welcome to the group. If you're a knifemaker consider showing some of your work. We'd love to see your shop also. AND - would you fill out your profile showing what part of the world you live in? In 2005 I spent a month bumming around Thailand and was amazed at the level of craftsmanship that came out of small 1 and 2 man shops with very few tools.

Back