Curt Erickson Art Dagger

jklein7401

A few months back I decided to foray into stock removal art daggers. I was fortunate enough to pickup a 2009 AKI piece created by Curt Erickson and Julie Warenski-Erickson. That piece really set me off and allowed me to develop a very nice relationship with them both. Not only do they make beautiful art they are two of the finest folks I have had the pleasure of getting to know. For me the relationships built are as important as the knives themselves. Anyway as we have progressed in our friendship a new project began and this is the result. In my opinion this is Curt's finest art dagger to date.

Custom Art Dagger is a 10 ½” blade of Devon Thomas stainless steel shark tooth pattern Damascus. Total overall length is 15 ¾ “. Guard and pommel button are 416 Stainless steel. All other fittings are hot blued steel. Handle is a three piece design of golden Agate gemstone and a carved hot blued steel center piece. Sheath is full metal Germen silver with a carved hot blued steel button. The sheath button has an oval imperial topaz gemstone set in the center. The carved pommel button has a +15 point diamond set in the center. This dagger is fully engraved with areas of French Gray, 24ct gold and platinum inlayed throughout the knife.

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

That is plumb incredible. I have been a fan of both Ericksons work for a long time but this is over the top in so many ways. Congratulations.

Wow , things like this never cease to amaze me. Truly a work of art.

I always have to wonder just how many hours there are in a piece like this. I know how long it takes to make a regular knife , but something like this ....... wow , alot of hours I'm sure.

Thanks for posting and congrats on a beautiful piece of art.

Back