Custom EDM pins

Sean Jones

Does anyone know who makes custom EDM Mosaic pins? So far the only one I've found is out of the UK and they don't list their prices

What is edm?
Electrical Discharge machining.

Wikipedia gives this definition

Electrical discharge machining (EDM), also known as spark machining, spark eroding, die sinking, wire burning or wire erosion, is a metal fabrication process whereby a desired shape is obtained by using electrical discharges (sparks).[1] Material is removed from the work piece by a series of rapidly recurring current discharges between two electrodes, separated by a dielectric liquid and subject to an electric voltage. One of the electrodes is called the tool-electrode, or simply the tool or electrode, while the other is called the workpiece-electrode, or work piece. The process depends upon the tool and work piece not making physical contact.

Boss Dog carries them. They differ from regular Mosaic pins.

EDM

He's got some nice ones. However I'd like to have the Logo I use made into an EDM pin. Probably can't afford it now, but it's something I'd like to eventually do.

1593384087438.png

Sean, contact this gentleman, way4ep@gmail.com
He is on Instagram as custommosaicpins

Alexey is located in Russia. His pins are outstanding and his prices are quite reasonable.
I have ordered from him four times, and there is about a 2 month wait to receive your pins.
He can work from a graphic that you send him.
He charges $30-36 per pin, and can make them 6,8,10,12, or 16 mm diameter x 100mm length.
I have been extremely well pleased with his work.

Alexey is located in Russia. His pins are outstanding and his prices are quite reasonable.
I have ordered from him four times, and there is about a 2 month wait to receive your pins.
He charges $30-36 per pin, and can make them 6,8,10,12, or 16 mm diameter x 100mm length.
Cool! Exactly what I was looking for and that's not too expensive...considering.

Thanks!

You do have to order 5 pins. But can be 5 of any of his pins. I sent him a design we talked about it and have not heard back from him. That was three weeks ago I guess.

I've ordered from Alexey and he does great work. I contacted him through facebook and he responded pretty quickly. It can take a while to get delivered as he's busy and shipping out of Russia isn't terribly fast. I believe he ships dhl so it is faster.

There is a minimum order and consider the size of your pins and the design in regards to how well it will be visible.

Some are better with a brass background and the "logo" part in black. He has some deer/elk ones that are a good example of that.

I use mosaic. Yes expensive. I was thinking about cutting them into 1/8 inch pieces. The counter sink a regular brass pin, cap with the mosaic and then make sure I don’t sand down past it. Then I thought , that’s way to much effort.

Yeah I have seen his work nice.

I use mosaic. Yes expensive. I was thinking about cutting them into 1/8 inch pieces. The counter sink a regular brass pin, cap with the mosaic and then make sure I don’t sand down past it. Then I thought , that’s way to much effort.

I haven't tried that Mark, but with pins that have an asymmetrical design with a "right" and a "left" I have cut the pin in half, sanded the cut ends smooth at 90 degrees, and inserted them from opposite sides. I did a knife using the image of Texas pin this way.
One side of the pin appears correct while the other side is reversed if you don't do that.
That negates the pin's structural contribution, obviously.

I haven't tried that Mark, but with pins that have an asymmetrical design with a "right" and a "left" I have cut the pin in half, sanded the cut ends smooth at 90 degrees, and inserted them from opposite sides. I did a knife using the image of Texas pin this way.
One side of the pin appears correct while the other side is reversed if you don't do that.
That negates the pin's structural contribution, obviously.
Never thought of that. All the pins I have used are either symmetrical or really didn’t matter which way the animal or object looked.

Back