D2 Hunter ... in progress

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
I’m trying to use up some D2, and it’s been raining a lot here lately. Since the new machine is inside, I can only grind on the 4 by 36. So I figured, what the heck, I’ll do one more with the 4 by 36 and files. Since she’s the last of her kind, I figured I’d aim high lol. I tried to copy @J. Doyle ‘s Koa Hunter. I figired it was okay since I’m obviously not a threat haha. Comment and critique always welcome... I have lots more sanding and some point refinement to do. 7FCF0F29-5F6F-412A-BDF6-253638D2B04E.jpeg2B5848F3-543A-4E53-84F2-6A205B22BFCD.jpeg

here is my rendition of a filing vise that really utilizes the ability of that vise to move.
DSC01291.JPG
it's just made of pvc. the inner tube holds the blade and rotates 360* allowing you to access any portion of the blade for filing.DSC01294.JPGthis is how I mount the fixture in the vise. The slot fits over the guide rail and you tighten the jaws. now, you can tilt or rotate to your hearts content. Makes many jobs (in particular filing) very enjoyable because you're not constantly making adjustments. Hope this helps.
BJ

here is my rendition of a filing vise that really utilizes the ability of that vise to move.
View attachment 66805
it's just made of pvc. the inner tube holds the blade and rotates 360* allowing you to access any portion of the blade for filing.View attachment 66806this is how I mount the fixture in the vise. The slot fits over the guide rail and you tighten the jaws. now, you can tilt or rotate to your hearts content. Makes many jobs (in particular filing) very enjoyable because you're not constantly making adjustments. Hope this helps.
BJ
Very cool.. I may have to try this. Thank you

Back