Damasteel with Timascus

BrandantR

I just finished this custom order up over the weekend. It's similar to the last knife that I made for this client, but this one received a Damasteel blade with 18 carat gold studs and a lanyard hole. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the Damasteel and Timascus combination. It's too busy to my eye, but it's what the client requested. I hope he enjoys it. Let me know what you all think.

WIN_20180303_17_01_23_Pro.jpgWIN_20180303_17_01_37_Pro.jpgWIN_20180303_17_01_54_Pro.jpg

That's a beautiful knife Brandant, but what are the gold studs for, did the customer request those?
Thanks, Steve. The gold studs take the place of a nail nick or thumb stud to act as an opening aid. They were at the request of the client. I was a little worried about pounding them into a finished blade, not to mention that the little bit of gold for the studs was expensive. But, all in all I think they turned out okay.

Brandart,
I concede that the side profile of the knife may look a little busy. Personally, I do not like extremely bright colours on a knife, but overall this is a beautiful knife and well put together. You did well, I think.

Thanks, Gentlemen for your comments. I really wasn't sure about Timascus when I first used it. It's actually starting to grow on my, although I think I would rather use it as an accent and not as a full set of scales.

Back