Design a Logo- get a knife

Ltwtcmdr

After doing OEM part work for so long I have decided to jump all the way into the knifemaking world. So I am developing a knife brand under my Universal Outfitters company. The name Angryman Knives. Gun stuff will go under the Universal label and all knife stuff will go under the Angryman knives label.

Anyway, I've got a name,

I've got designs

I've got a plan

what I don't have is a logo. So I am calling on all the artistic types out there for some help. This will be the mark on all the blades and the "face" of Angryman. Obviously any design that is chosen becomes the property of my company BUT you will not be left empty handed. You will get a Jim Burke designed,finish-ground and built by me, Fugitive- a $325 value.
fugitive-1.jpg

And if you are a 1911 guy a set of 1911 grips engraved with the new logo.

Deadline will be May 21st.

I thank you in advance for your help and support and look forward to seeing you all for the debut at Blade.

A little about Angryman Knives.

I am dubbing them custom-tech, not productions and not fully handmade. Blades will be either machine-ground then hand finished or completely hand ground depending on the model. Handle scales, frames and parts will be CNC'ed on our own in-house equipment. Assembly, fitting, and sharpening are all done by one man-Me. In the modern knifemaking era these would probably be considered full custom products, but in the interest of full disclosure, I am using the Custom-tech designation. We will be working with some of the best in the knifemaking world, as well as creating our own designs and mechanisms.

Thanks for your time,

Keith Edick

Last edited:
I'll take it!

Will this be used as a makers mark also? (Therefore small and relatively simple)
Are you looking for a single color design (makers mark, decals, T-shirts) or multi-colored or both?

Angryman1and2.png

Last edited:
Hmm, kinda tough to compete with Rock on this one..

This is very true,and I'm not sure how many others here on the forum can do the work that Rock can do.
I will say,Rock has helped some here on the forum with this type of work,and continues to do so.I think he deserves it.IMO

God bless,Keith

Sorry I typed answers to the questions out last night and my blackberry crapped out :(

Anyway, I am looking for a maker's mark in particular but also a font/layout for the words and mark. Blades would get the mark but packaging, literature, ads, swag will all get the combo platter of mark and words.
Single or multi-color is fine, obviously the maker's mark would be reduced to negative space -black & white.

Hope this clears up any questions.

BTW very nice Rock!

thanks guys and keep em coming

Keith

I can convert any of these designs or something similar into a black & white makers mark. Its what I do. I'm glad you like what is there so far.

I was thinking that I should have given it a full week for people to try.
So let's go ahead and extend it to Friday the 21st.

BTW if you have any good ideas but maybe lack the full artisitic talent to bring it to fruition go ahead and post them. The idea can be key :)

Can you tell us Where the AngryMan comes from Keith? and why you chose angryman in the first place? Knowing these questions might help one of us to pop up the right logo.

The logo does not have to have the name in it.

The Angryman is kind of inside joke with my knife friends. I am the Angryman
:)
I LOVE the knife industry and all the individual aspects of it. Whether it be art knife, tactical, forged,
Etc. But what gets me angry is the elements that have creeped into it. Get me talking at a show and I will go on and on :) I take some of the stuff personally because I am so into the whole knife thing and want to see people continue to enjoy and thrive in it.

Probably more explanation than you wanted :)

Back