Design input wanted.. thoughts

OkieCowboy

can you tell I am all excited about this knife making stuff? I keep posting questions...and thankfully ya'll keep answering them... life is good..

but before I start hacking up my limited supply of steel.. was wondering what you thought..

20141030_204243.jpg

For a field Bushy knife its good, the point is a little, well, pointy! Is this for the field or the board back at home?

Okie

Because you asked - here is my opinion. Remember, it is merely my opinion. I am no more right or wrong than the next person.

But, if it were me, I would not have the drop point - drop nearly as much. Perhaps 1/4 inch or so. Maybe 3/8. No more than 1/2 inch. You will need to play with it to see what looks right to you.

Second, on the front of the scales, I would round it off as opposed to having it meet where the ground blade starts. I hope that makes some sense.

Other than that, it looks very nice. You obviously have access to some sort of program for your design. I would like to hear about that process.

DeMo

I say, go for it! The lines are clean, the style is nice, and I personally like a nice point on my knives like you have on this one. I do agree with DeMo about the front of the scales being rounded off a bit more. You could potentially have a difficult time matching the scale front to the top of the grind. I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

this is a kitchen use only knife... so strictly for the board Rhino

and yeah..I see what you mean about the front of the scales.. I find it pleasing to the eye... but for a new guy to pull off.... thats probably another story

I like it simply because it's a little different.

I agree with moving the end of the scales back a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, good finger clearance, nice roll on the blade for slicing and chopping veggies. I like it. And, the pointy end will be good for opening packages.

Back