Did someone say Bali-Kit?

No problem. I have never ground anything, just rehandled knives here and there and put some together from blanks. I am hoping to get a grinder soon from a fellow member here so that during the summer I can start messing around a bit during my summer break. I love learning about differences in steel, and just now learning about the stock removal vs other methods.
Thanks for the clarification.

See?That's one of the things I like about this place;
you guys are Gentlemen,and don't jump like a kicked cat when communicating.
As for the bali-kits,I'm pretty stoked,and will be getting some when the IKBS is worked out.
One thing I'd suggest in regards to shipping though:NEVER ship a finished blade
with the handles!
If someone sends one of these to a friend,family,customer,send the (finished)blade separate from the rest of the components!
(I've had a few bali kits sent to me from the States this way:I'll order a bunch of stuff,and simply have the bali blades shipped with other items)

Last edited:
See?That's one of the things I like about this place;
you guys are Gentlemen,and don't jump like a kicked cat when communicating.
As for the bali-kits,I'm pretty stoked,and will be getting some when the IKBS is worked out.
One thing I'd suggest in regards to shipping though:NEVER ship a finished blade
with the handles!
If someone sends one of these to a friend,family,customer,send the (finished)blade separate from the rest of the components!
(I've had a few bali kits sent to me from the States this way:I'll order a bunch of stuff,and simply have the bali blades shipped with other items)

I have had a bunch of balis shipped in the states. No worries. Shipped to canada is a different story. As for IKBS, not impressed. A good bushing setup is the way to go in my opinion.

What is,in your estimation,the pros and cons of IKBS vs Bushings?
I've heard nothing but good about both systems when executed properly.

Looking forward to this if all my ducks line up right. Wolf, you are correct with the statement about the guys here being helpful!!!

Yeah man;great bunch of folks!
The Knowledge and Passion that is freely shared here is mindboggling
not just for it's content,but in that nowhere else but the Knife Community have I ever seen such willingness to share.
I've never known such an outstanding group of people!

What is,in your estimation,the pros and cons of IKBS vs Bushings?
I've heard nothing but good about both systems when executed properly.

When executed properly they are close to the same. However the biggest differences I guess would be;

1. If the pivot gets loose bearings can fly.

2. Bearings can get gummed up.

3. Bearings have been known to eat up titanium handles.

These are several reason why I prefer a well done bushing setup, I hope a maker that has done both will speak up and give us some insight. Mr. Balibalistic perhaps?

Last edited:
This kit looks good. I like the Titanium slab handles. Is it Grade 2 or Grade 5 Titanium? I don't really understand heat treating Titanium yet but I want to learn.
This is my first post here. I am in the middle of making my first bali. I bought a kit with solid stainless handles that had been heat treated so were difficult to modify. I tried to make handles for the blade, then realized I could make my own blade as well.

Back