Digs Fossils-n-Knives -- Flame Fallout Finish

Here is a finish which is similar to my "acid fallout finish" but I preserved the natural patina from heat treat. So I call it "flame fallout finish". I haven't seen it done anywhere else so I think I'm the first. What do you think? Thanks for your input.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

CPM 3V, Rc 60, 0.3" thick, 7" blade, 19" overall. My new flame fallout finish. 7.5" long red & black G10 with anso pattern. The red color on the steel is the natural color or "patina" after heat treating. You can see this cleaver on my YouTube channel.

Attachments

• P8050015r.jpg
    P8050015r.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 143
  • P8050018.jpg
    P8050018.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 145
  • P8050020.jpg
    P8050020.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 143
  • P8070008.jpg
    P8070008.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Very interesting and unique work- like the handle work and what did with the finish. The area rear of the cutting edge- is that a saw or is it just decorative?

I own this Cleaver(Hell's Kitchen Cleaver)Digs did a Awesome Job!Im not a lumberJack so screw the woods I wanted a BadAss evil Zombie Killer Cleaver Different then the average cleavers that I see out there&Hell of alot bigger.The saw teethT do work ,not great but on fresh(10pound ham)it work sweeet,the convex edge is sharp as Hell&I've already cut&chop some wood to see if this knife had more go then show and it pass with flying colors bigtime!My intent for this knife is primary for home defense&Zombies:biggrin::57:

Thank you everyone.

And a big thank you to "six" for your review!!!!!

I own this Cleaver(Hell's Kitchen Cleaver)Digs did a Awesome Job!Im not a lumberJack so screw the woods I wanted a BadAss evil Zombie Killer Cleaver Different then the average cleavers that I see out there&Hell of alot bigger.The saw teethT do work ,not great but on fresh(10pound ham)it work sweeet,the convex edge is sharp as Hell&I've already cut&chop some wood to see if this knife had more go then show and it pass with flying colors bigtime!My intent for this knife is primary for home defense&Zombies:biggrin::57:

Back