Display methods.

mcahron

Id like to see some ways people are displaying their collections.I know you all cant be like me and keep them in drawers.I'd like to get some sort of display case made with a glass front,tilted shelves lined with black felt and l.e.d. lighting.Anyone know of something pre-made that is similar?

i have seen some cheap metal / glas vitrines from IKEA that were converted a bit ( tilted glas bottoms )
with overhead lightning...really nice

If you look at this forum for a post from 12-07-09 called "Conversation Starter" you will see what I've done with my stuff. I made this table, But Cabelas sells a line of furniture with glass topped end tables and coffee table. Also, places like Hobby Lobby and such have pre made display cases in several sizes. Also check www.displaygifts.com, they have knife cases.

regards,
Steve

I've always wanted to rip out my sheet rock behind big pictures on the walls and put a flush mount display case in between the studs. Done correctly it would be really cool. The wife thinks I'm nuts.

Hey Bruce (or any other Kdog),
If you are ever serious about doing that, let me know. We design (by cad) and manufacture custom pieces like that all the time. I'd draw it up for you gratis. Just make sure you put a header in the wall if you go cutting studs out that may be load bearing. A nice touch would be to have a large framed pic in front that is hinged at the top and held up with small gas pistons to display knives only when you want. We have built gun displays like this.

Steve

PS. You dont have sole proprietorship on wives that think their husbands are nuts. Trust me.

Last edited:
Hey Bruce (or any other Kdog),
If you are ever serious about doing that, let me know. We design (by cad) and manufacture custom pieces like that all the time. I'd draw it up for you gratis. Just make sure you put a header in the wall if you go cutting studs out that may be load bearing. A nice touch would be to have a large framed pic in front that is hinged at the top and held up with small gas pistons to display knives only when you want. We have built gun displays like this.

Steve

PS. You dont have sole proprietorship on wives that think their husbands are nuts. Trust me.

Thats a great offer Steven. If I would have thought about it when we had our sheetrock off a few years ago. There are some perfect places for hidden cabinets on interior walls with 6" cavities too. Now that the walls are all finished I dont want to tear them up again. Maybe out in the shop but there isnt any wall space available out there.

PS. You dont have sole proprietorship on wives that think their husbands are nuts. Trust me.[/QUOTE said:
nor husbands who think their knifelusting guntoteing wives r knuts!

Here is mine.
IMG_0525-1.jpg

Display Method

Well everyone may not display them in their drawer's but I surely do, and as you can see even on towels. :eek: Pretty much anywhere I have a spot. For me the knives are personal and I really do not get to show them off, so no fancy displays here.

Whatever makes you happy works for me.

Enjoy, Jon

Attachments

• 100_0699.jpg
    100_0699.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0698.jpg
    100_0698.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0697.jpg
    100_0697.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0689.jpg
    100_0689.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
Have the plans for the case in these pics, as well as a long rectangular 3'x6' coffee table, glass topped, lockable ,6 drawers(3 beside 3) havent built the table yet, but neighbor is a wood worker, work swap in near future may save me having to do it:)

Last edited:
That looks really nice and is a great idea. 2thumbs You gave me one also as I have a neighbor with similiar talents. Down here we are all fisherman and he builds everything including wooden fishing rod racks. How would I go about getting a set of plans similar to the ones you have? I am sure he is capable and would enjoy doing that.

Either way good get, Jon

Back