Dog Lovers Beware!

knifecarver

Hi Knifedogs,
Beware of Dog Treats/Food made in China. Waggin' Train Dog treats & Milo's Kitchen Treats are made in China and are killing dogs. They are causing kidney problems among other things. Titan was eating them and broke out in a rash. READ THE SMALL PRINT near the bar code. If it says made in China, don't give them to your dog. Titan was also eating chicken jerky and started bleeding from his back side, so I stopped giving him these too, then I come to find out they are also made in China. Costco sells these treats.

Cathy

There is some much of this kind of "stuff" out of China, Some may be sent here and repackaged for all we know? They have infants & Children there with kidney stones from this stuff that the put in there foods to raise the protein level when tested.

I just give my pal Scruffy good old Milk Bones. Or more offen now I cut up 1/2" squares of a inexpensive round cut of meat and fry them brown. They will keep for about a week easy and I know its not Poison from China.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that Cathy. I too used to feed treats and such until reading Dr. Billinghurst's books on proper dog nutrition.

Just checked all the labels of Casper's dry food, canned food and treats... all manufactured or processed in the USA. I'm wondering about his dry food 'processed' in the USA... sure do hope that means the ingredients are USA grown. Thanks for the heads up Cathy. If I try anything new, I'll be checking the label more carefully.

My viszla also has been eating "Waggin Train" treats and broke out in a rash all over his chest. I suspected it might have been the treats but hadn't narrowed it down to which. This might just be the same thing. Scary, cuz that dog cost more than my grinder!

My viszla also has been eating "Waggin Train" treats and broke out in a rash all over his chest. I suspected it might have been the treats but hadn't narrowed it down to which. This might just be the same thing. Scary, cuz that dog cost more than my grinder!

With any luck its her treats, dog food seems to change without warning too. Over the past 10 years I fed a variety of kibble to dogs when not feeding RAW and noticed many inconsistencies. Everything from Solid Gold, Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo and Canidae and they all failed to maintain a consistent recipe. Whether they announced a change or not, my dogs always new and expressed with loose or violent stools. For the past year or so, I've been pressed for time and not able to keep my dogs on RAW and have been using Victors Dog Food with great results. I've also learned to use their regular feed as treats, both of my house dogs (bulldogs that cost many times more than my grinder too) seem to react the same to treats such as Chicken Jerky or raw bones as they do to, "surprise kibble."

Anyway, sorry for the rant but dogs were my "knives," before I ever saw a grinder. For the past 20 years American Pit Bull Terriers and Bulldogs have been an undying passion of mine.

Good luck with the rash,
-Mike

I was a Dog Man before a KnifeDog too!
I think it just goes hand & hand for some of us! I specialized in rescued Mutts,and still do.
Some of the smartest and usually healthiest and long living Doggies around.

Cheers! to all our Hounds!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

I was a Dog Man before a KnifeDog too!
I think it just goes hand & hand for some of us! I specialized in rescued Mutts,and still do.
Some of the smartest and usually healthiest and long living Doggies around.

Cheers! to all our Hounds!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com/

Right on, Larry! I've had more than a few mixed breeds. The smartest dog I've had seemed to be a mix of Jindo, Akida and APBT. Great dog and my kids love him.

I have a blue heeler his name is Dawg. I take string beans from the can and let dry. Then I put them in a zip lock bag in the refrig. when I want to give Dawg a treat that is what I use. He loves them and every dog we have given them to loves them just as much. These also have no fat and are very good for them. You might try it and in the long run it is much less expensive.

I have a blue heeler his name is Dawg. I take string beans from the can and let dry. Then I put them in a zip lock bag in the refrig. when I want to give Dawg a treat that is what I use. He loves them and every dog we have given them to loves them just as much. These also have no fat and are very good for them. You might try it and in the long run it is much less expensive.

Do you let the green beans dry until they are crunchy? I used to feed my lab frozen green beans as a filler with her food and she loved them.

Back