Double locking liner

Jeremiah Rostig

I never unlocked unintentionally a locking liner....but it was fun to make.
I took 4111 for the blade, which has a length of 110 mm, 6AL4V for the liners, the scales are Ceylon iron wood, the clip and the spring are made of stainless spring steel
overall length is 240 mm.

Attachments

• Farang1,k..jpg
    Farang1,k..jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Farang2,k..jpg
    Farang2,k..jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Farang7,k..jpg
    Farang7,k..jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Farang3,k..jpg
    Farang3,k..jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Farang5,k..jpg
    Farang5,k..jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 102
I agree with everyone else that this is a beautiful knife! You got me curious though. How does the double locking liner work? I've made a couple dozen locking liners but this is the first that I've heard of a double locking liner.

Thanks Guys!
It is just a little piece of Titanium pulled under the locking spring and pushed back when closing. I placed a little bit glas fiber reinforced Teflon under it to give it the tight friction that it needs not to loosen and fall out of position.It has a M2 thread in the liner and a M2 nut to counter secure.

Cheers
Jeremiah

Attachments

• Innen1,k..jpg
    Innen1,k..jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Innen2,k..jpg
    Innen2,k..jpg
    151 KB · Views: 48
  • innen3,k..jpg
    innen3,k..jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Innen4,k..jpg
    Innen4,k..jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 54
Jeremiah, thank you for the photos showing how it works. First I'd EVER heard of double locking and I couldn't for the life of me figure what "double locking" was. Now I see - neat idea and there will be collectors wanting one of those because they'd never seen one either! Good work.

Ken H

Thanks Guys!
It is just a little piece of Titanium pulled under the locking spring and pushed back when closing. I placed a little bit glas fiber reinforced Teflon under it to give it the tight friction that it needs not to loosen and fall out of position.It has a M2 thread in the liner and a M2 nut to counter secure.

Cheers
Jeremiah

The pics didn't come with the quote but, my questions refer to the series of four pics, showing the internal working of the knife, Jeremiah!

OK maybe I am just not seeing it but in the first pic, is that opening assist or a lock??? I see how the lock works in the last pic in the series of four pics but, I am missing something on the the first buttons purpose!!

I do however like the lines of this knife the profile is such that it would be comfortable to carry as an EDC!! Two thumbs up!!

The pics didn't come with the quote but, my questions refer to the series of four pics, showing the internal working of the knife, Jeremiah!

OK maybe I am just not seeing it but in the first pic, is that opening assist or a lock??? I see how the lock works in the last pic in the series of four pics but, I am missing something on the the first buttons purpose!!

I do however like the lines of this knife the profile is such that it would be comfortable to carry as an EDC!! Two thumbs up!!

The first picture only shows the part that is pulled under the locking spring.It is only just like a "foot in the door".... so to unlock the knife You have to push this part back and then You can press down the spring and close the knife.

OK now I get if Jeremiah, thanks for the explanation! I really like how that one turned out. Your attention to detail is plainly visible on this build. :thumbup:

Interesting concept! The pics cleared it up for me. Thanks for taking the time to explain how it works.

Back