Drop Point with Green Micarta

Thanks '07!
I use 400 grit.
But I just got one of those scotch brite belts and I like it. I think I'll like it more after it gets broken in and the surface evens out.

I got one of the fine Scotch-Brite belts. I finished sanded my Brothers Christmas knife with 500G (cause I had it) heat treated it and then used the Scotch-Brite belt to get all the crud off of it, then put it in the Acid/stone wash for 2hrs. Those belts work GREAT!

Speaking of grits..............I have always used 60 grit to start my bevels. I have a blade I'm finishing up now that I started with 36 then 50 and up to 180. I think that's the sequence I'll use from now on. The 36 is very aggressive but controllable.

Speaking of grits..............I have always used 60 grit to start my bevels. I have a blade I'm finishing up now that I started with 36 then 50 and up to 180. I think that's the sequence I'll use from now on. The 36 is very aggressive but controllable.

I really think this is one of the hardest things to do? Figure out the progression in grits to finished blade! Belts are not cheap. I've just started on my journey and already have a significant amount of belts. Some I like and some I don't. We'll all figure it out I guess? LOL!!

Back