DuraBake ?

Bill T

I was wondering if any have used Durabake ? It's a spray-on coating you bake in the oven . It's made by the Duracoat company . If you have used it , around how many knives (9") can 1 can coat ? Thanks

I haven't used durabake, but have used a bit of gunkote. Gunkote is the same idea, spray on and bake. Using a small airbrush I've done about 4-5 knives and have more than half of a 4 oz can left.

I have used durabake on two framelocks, still about half a can. Don't know how long finish yet , knives not used much.

GunKote is much more durable than the Duraoat stuff. Run a side by side test and you will see the results first hand.

and Cerakote is more durable then Gun Kote....I have used them all and can tell you first hand that Cerakote is a better overall product.

and Cerakote is more durable then Gun Kote....I have used them all and can tell you first hand that Cerakote is a better overall product.

Cerakote is more durable?? hmm I need something to refinish one of my EDC pistols, wonder if I could spray it and my EDC blade the same color...SWMBO says I need to match my colors better :)

Back