Electro etch makers mark w/emblem

I have a question, and I don't mean to be "mean", just wishing to know. Can they write their name in cursive? If not, how can they sign many places that require a signature? Some forms say "print here" and "signature here".
Just think...soon we can do away with a line on a form!!!

I have a question, and I don't mean to be "mean", just wishing to know. Can they write their name in cursive? If not, how can they sign many places that require a signature? Some forms say "print here" and "signature here".
We have tried really hard to work with my daughter to use cursive, but she says at school they are told specifically note to sign their name in cursive. Eventually, everyone's "signature" will be printed, kids just aren't being taught.

We have tried really hard to work with my daughter to use cursive, but she says at school they are told specifically note to sign their name in cursive. Eventually, everyone's "signature" will be printed, kids just aren't being taught.

I guess this is way things are going.

A couple of places I pick up materials for work have gone to printing your name instead of signing it.

Weird

I have heard that complaint before. I would not bet any money on it. I have 2 teachers in the family. I'll ask what they do in Mn.

they are told specifically note (edit: NOT) to sign their name in cursive

Boy, that's just sad. Can you imagine the response in many places of employment if somebody couldn't even sign their name? AND "printing" is NOT a signature.

With that said, a couple of the best workers I had couldn't read or write, but they COULD sign their name. One old man I had to put a young man working with him to climb pipe racks and take measurements, but that old man would have more pipe in the air at end of day than any other pair I had.

I'm looking at it on my phone now. With a machinist 6" scale in hand. Its approx..550 long and .300 tall. I can read it. Can it be better,,,,,, YES! If you need it 2"x1" in order to read it? Maybe eye exam. I can understand about to much dark area.

I know the lettering on my last name went a little off. When she rapped it around the top the "T" went a little wacky. I might not be able to keep it but I do like the viking helmet. Sorry,,,, I grew up eating lutefisk. lol,,,, This is a wip. Thank you everyone for your help! I do appreciate it.

My eyes certainly aren't what they used to be, but I'm holding a 6" scale against my computer screen, and even at 1" wide (outside to outside of horns), "Custom Knives" becomes too small to print onto a stencil with any resolution. Stencils don't exactly etch with 4K resolution, and some details will start to blur together if the stencil can even maintain it's integrity to begin with. I don't think the helmet is a bad idea, and I think you can make it work, but I'd definitely simplify as much as possible.

Boy, that's just sad. Can you imagine the response in many places of employment if somebody couldn't even sign their name? AND "printing" is NOT a signature.

With that said, a couple of the best workers I had couldn't read or write, but they COULD sign their name. One old man I had to put a young man working with him to climb pipe racks and take measurements, but that old man would have more pipe in the air at end of day than any other pair I had.

I'm very sad to say that 2 or 3 years ago they took that away. We are dumbing down!!!

My eyes certainly aren't what they used to be, but I'm holding a 6" scale against my computer screen, and even at 1" wide (outside to outside of horns), "Custom Knives" becomes too small to print onto a stencil with any resolution. Stencils don't exactly etch with 4K resolution, and some details will start to blur together if the stencil can even maintain it's integrity to begin with. I don't think the helmet is a bad idea, and I think you can make it work, but I'd definitely simplify as much as possible.

I used my phone to measure the helmet. Lord knows I have enough 6" scales around the house. I have to agree with you about needing to clean it up. Dumping the custom knives will be the first step. Someone mentioned that the knife was the art. That hit home! I agree. If I end up with just my last name,,,, oh well. That's not so bad. I do like that helmet she made. :)

Thank you for your help!! I appreciate it.

If I end up with just my last name,,,, oh well.
Your name is rather unique. Not a Smith or Jones name...it would stand out just by itself...and not be confused with others.

I did a search on hauser and there was only one guy I could find with the same name...we're different enough That there won't be problems...

Your name is rather unique. Not a Smith or Jones name...it would stand out just by itself...and not be confused with others.

I did a search on hauser and there was only one guy I could find with the same name...we're different enough That there won't be problems...

My grandfather came from Norway. If they have my last name they "are" related to me!

Last edited:
Back