Evenheat kiln.

coachcampana

So, I'll finally be retiring my home made heat treat kiln and ordering a even hear with the tap pro. I was going to go with the 18 over the 13. The difference in cost is minimal. But for those of you in the "know," what's your opinion? If you were going to drop 1200 bucks on a heat treat oven, what you buy?

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I went with the 22.5 rampmaster, honestly I don't use that much space. But on the other side, I have space if I need it.

Jawjacker, that's how I looked at it. I'm not constantly making long cutting tools, but I'd have it if I wanted it.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

i agree, get the 22.5. at least. the difference in price is pretty minimal considering what you stand to gain in versatility of use. you never know what kind of stuff you might get into a few years down the line.

i would shop for something similar to this
thermo-bf51442c.jpg
this is a Lindberg Blue 51442 1200C lab furnace. if you shop you can find them at reasonable prices, I stole mine for $87. INSIDE DIMENSIONS ARE 7 1/2" WIDE, 5 1/2" TALL, 16" DEEP. 4000 watt 240volt. these are precision lab instruments not modified pottery kilns.

Attachments

• furnaceblue.jpg
    furnaceblue.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 71
Back