"Fancy Little" Neck Dagger

J. Neilson

Here is a fun little neck dagger I just finsihed for a fellow...

img_5447.jpg

This Neck Dagger is 5" overall (1/2 blade-1/2 handle) forged from 400+ layer "random cut" damascus forged from 1095 & 15N20 with file®work highlights on the open choil & pommel, African Blackwood handle scales and stainless steel pins. The neck sheath is black Kydex overlaid with black Pig-skin.

img_5448.jpg

img_5449.jpg

img_5451.jpg

Excellent dagger, J., just the right amount of filework IMHO and a terrific grind. Question: what did you use to attach the pigskin to the Kydex???? I want to make a leather lined Kydex sheath but can't find any tutorials or info on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I will add you to my Christmas Gift List.

Excellent dagger, J., just the right amount of filework IMHO and a terrific grind. Question: what did you use to attach the pigskin to the Kydex???? I want to make a leather lined Kydex sheath but can't find any tutorials or info on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I will add you to my Christmas Gift List.

Thanks guys. Well, on the sheath, I've tried a few different things for applying skin to Kydex and the best thing I found, so far, simply enough is two-ton epoxy. I formed the sheath, rough shaped and drilled the holes. Then I covered both foam pads on my Kydex press with plastic wrap, coated the Kydex with epoxy, wrapped the sheath in skin and put it back in the press overnight. Then I cut, shaped & drilled the hide & Kydex.... slow and careful. Hope this helps some.

Thank you J. That helps a lot. I didn't know if epoxy would work so now I will give it a try. Great idea for leaving the sheath in the press overnight, too.

Real nice work, nice profile it looks great , the exposed tang filework almost looks like damascus deer bone handle . cool

Back