FBI agent's backup blade

Stormcrow

Got this in the mail today, heading to the customer. He's an FBI agent who wanted a backup knife to wear on his left side. He liked the looks of my personal EDC work knife and wanted something similar in shape with a spray-on truck bedliner handle like it has, something I haven't done in a while. The steel is 5160.

rick1.jpg

rickl2.jpg

rickl1.jpg

The Kydex sheath and MOLLE lock are set up for left-side carry.

rickl3.jpg

rickl4.jpg

James
Nice looking carry piece, great design, nononsense using knife!

I really like the handle treatment. Did you go to a place that does this, or did you buy a kit?

Any tips or tricks on using the bedliner?? Would like to give it a try on some neckers I do. Does it add much in weight??

Thanks and God Bless
Mike

Thank y'all!

Mike - I used a rattlecan of Duplicolor bedliner that I got at Autozone. Follow the instructions on prepping the surface. Then I just stuck the blade through a piece of carboard, sprayed the handle with several light coats, and after proper drying, trimmed the front of the sprayed area to be neat using a utility blade. There's not any significant change in weight unless you really glom on a lot of bedliner. I think this one had three or four light coats put on.

Like that idea have found a different make of liner paint in UK to try with added rubber bits for grip

ATB

Duncan

Back