Feather Damascus Blade with Inlaid Handle

bladerunner

6” Casey Feather Damascus. 10.25” OAL.
Blackwood handle with inlaid silver, Mother of Pearl, and Rubies.
Handle by Konstantin Pushkarev (Russia).

Last November after joining the Facebook group Only Hand Made Knives from the Entire World and posting some of my knives Evgeny Tuhto contacted me and asked if I would be interested in collaborating with Konstantin Pushkarev on a knife. I immediately accepted his invitation but due to my workload at the time had to delay our project until the spring of this year. Our plans were to have a knife completed by June for the Ficx-paris show. Thankfully Konstantin was willing to immediately do his work at that time and we managed to get a knife completed for this show. I chose a very simple design and knife style as this was our first collaboration and working together. I do not speak any Russian and I think Konstantin understands some English and relies a bit on a computer interpretation program for our correspondence. Also, besides languages differences, we had to digitally email drawings with measurements and other logistical problems. With goodwill and humor with managed to get the job done and I am very pleased with the results and hope we can continue to make knives together. Also I have made a very good friend!!

For an article on how I make Feather Damascus follow this link (and I am hoping Konstantin will post his process too)!
http://www.kevincaseycustomknives.com/process/68/feathered-w-pattern-tutorial.html — with Konstantin Pushkarev.

Exquisite work of art. Simple blade design enhanced by the pattern of the damascus. The handle embellishment is very tastefully done.

Over all a very nice collectible work of art.

Kevin,
It looks like you have found a great partner. Off to a FANTASTIC start, looking forward to seeing more.

Wade

Back