Fillet knife

rcknives

Started another project today. Im calling this one the "Barracuda". This knife is 17 1/2" long with the blade at 12" made from cpm154 @ 3/32" thickness. Going to go with bolsters front and back and micarta handles. We'll see how it turns out. Shooting for about a 59 rc treatment on it, i think that should be just fine.

Attachments

• profile 2.jpg
    profile 2.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 55
That's going to be a wicked looking fillet knife. It will handle a BIG fish. keep us posted on progress.

Ken H>

Yes sir! To be honest I think the challenge is going to be getting the grind lines even on such a thin blade but by using a wooden stake as backing support I think it should be fine. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes sir! To be honest I think the challenge is going to be getting the grind lines even on such a thin blade but by using a wooden stake as backing support I think it should be fine. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes,
Get yourself a set of my Rhino Finger Skins to give you thermal protection while you do the grinding/finishing post HT.

I sell them below or Bossdog has them if you want to order other stuff at the same time from USA knife maker.

You want the Safety Orange ones. I use them all the time to finish grind my thin culinary knives that I make out of 3/32" stock and all other thickness.

Dunk after each pass, the rhino skins can get wet no problem. They won't shrink like leather or retain the heat when wet.
I put my thumb in the middle if the blade with the knife blank dead smack in the middle if the belt on my platen and pull the blade through with my opposite hand. No more burnt sore spot in the middle of my thumbs.

Feel free to email me or PM if you have any questions about using my Rhino Skins?

Back