Finally Ordering a Grinder

believerjoe

I saved up and was ready to grab a KMG TX, but had a few questions. Mailed them to the email off the website with no response. Maybe a one off situation, but it started me to looking around when I had not. Had never heard of Reeder and then looked to see where they were. Imagine my embarrassment when I realize they are 50 miles from me here in North Texas. I sent them an email at 1 AM not expecting an answer until Monday. Got a response at 3 AM! Then a phone call at 9 AM. That is how you sell equipment! Should have my order in tomorrow and waiting to drive over and pick up in about a week. They also offered to let me stop by and try out anything I wanted. There are things I like about it given that I am in my garage. Gonna be happier than a puppy with two you know what’s!

Good for you Joe, I am happy for you.

Thank you Chris! I am hooked on these things and I have now spent a small fortune ordering supplies and watching them disappear. I need to get to a place where I am efficient enough to sell a few. I just want to recover my costs, but my problem is that I like expensive materials. Just wait until a Monday when my latest order comes in. I am gonna be in trouble with the wife.

While I've never owned a Reeder, I've seen them at Blade, watched the videos, and heard other well respected knife makers who do own them say good words. I think you are going to be VERY happy with the Reeder. If I were looking to buy a commercial unit their SGA would be my choice for sure.

I ordered a KMG-TX over a month ago and it just finally shipped. It’s been an ordeal. Different excuses as to the delay in shipment. Not returning phone calls and just overall a very bad customer service experience. I’m praying nothing is wrong with my order as I have zero confidence in this company.

I ordered a KMG-TX over a month ago and it just finally shipped. It’s been an ordeal. Different excuses as to the delay in shipment. Not returning phone calls and just overall a very bad customer service experience. I’m praying nothing is wrong with my order as I have zero confidence in this company.

If it helps at all, I have had my KMG for around 6 years. Not a single problem. The thing is a tank.

I bet it’s fine. I have seen them stand by their product when issues happen, but you have to just be honest with people and respond when questions pop up. The Reeder folks are always working on things. I just watched a video where you can raise and lower the unit with a drill! I am starting small, but dying to get the variable speed and will keep my eyes out for what’s next! Can’t wait. Hope it all works out for you. In the end, these companies are better than getting stuff from you know where....

While I've never owned a Reeder, I've seen them at Blade, watched the videos, and heard other well respected knife makers who do own them say good words. I think you are going to be VERY happy with the Reeder. If I were looking to buy a commercial unit their SGA would be my choice for sure.

I have that in my future plans. They are working on things in that area. That is a later spend for me, but could come as soon as next year if I keep at it.

Well. Fate had a plan. I was informed about a knife making event in Texas this weekend, and when I went to check it out, someone was selling a used KMG Classic 8 setup. It was half the cost of what I was about to pay, so I jumped on it where I could use my other money with another addition. Now I have to go to the event to get it and meet some folks that know what they are doing. Should serve me well for a while.

Well. Fate had a plan. I was informed about a knife making event in Texas this weekend, and when I went to check it out, someone was selling a used KMG Classic 8 setup. It was half the cost of what I was about to pay, so I jumped on it where I could use my other money with another addition. Now I have to go to the event to get it and meet some folks that know what they are doing. Should serve me well for a while.
I think that’s a win win.

Back