Finished blade with micarta

That is a nice colour on the burlap. I bought some canvas in a few colours and the same in paper so I can make my own micarta.

I like the black and burgundy, too. I also like the black tube for the lanyard. It's subtle but compliments the whole design.

I am growing fonder by the day, of non-metallic pins. I think they add an element of "grit" or "toughness", if you will to designs.

Question; with the handle transitioning directly onto the blade, is there a concern for safety? I have not researched those designs in particular for that reason. I see them often and more often than not they are well done, such as yours, which makes me consider that I may be missing the bus, so to speak. What are your thoughts?

I am growing fonder by the day, of non-metallic pins. I think they add an element of "grit" or "toughness", if you will to designs.

Question; with the handle transitioning directly onto the blade, is there a concern for safety? I have not researched those designs in particular for that reason. I see them often and more often than not they are well done, such as yours, which makes me consider that I may be missing the bus, so to speak. What are your thoughts?
Thanks, I really like using the micarta and carbon fiber pins.
Your question is a good one. I really guess it’s a user question. I did contour the handle so they have a palm swell and the micarta is finished to 400 grit, so it is still a bit grippy.
I personally would not have an issue using this style.
There are more experienced makers and users than I on this forum so hopefully they will add their thoughts.
I do have several more in this style cut out and they are all spoken for.

Back