first battle wounds**WARNING** GRAPHIC**

N.N

its hard to type, lol. forgot last night to follow my own rules about late night/tired screwing around with a build. i slipped while polishing and yup, right though. it cut deep down and im lucky i dont have a chunk of finger missing and didnt cut it off. im looking at it as good advertising. i didn't feel a thing and now over 12 hours later have yet to feel any pain from it. that knife is sharp, very sharp.

turn away now if you can't take it.....

2015-03-08_22-13-51_31.jpg2015-03-08_23-01-56_886.jpg2015-03-09_12-06-44_403.jpg

Oooops - yea, that's the least said when doing something like that. I'd NEVER do that..... yea sure.... My wife says she's never seen so many bandages used in her life! She made me quit wrapping paper towel with electrical tape for a bandaid {g}

Take care and don't allow it to get infected - right in the joint could be bad.

Ken H>

I'm glad it was not worse for you, anytime I don't cut the tendons I'm a happy guy. I drove the point of a bowie I was building into my palm working on it at 4:00am. So at least you have company in the preventable injury camp.

Once you wack that on something and I guarantee the feeling will come right back, in fact I bet you will not realize what a sensitive guy you really are :)

Oooh, that looks like a good one! Might have bought yourself a little time off. Hope the price of the knife covers the stitches.

Nasty, man, nasty ! The worst I did was to grind the end of my thumb down and part of the bone that's there.
Frank

I was told that you dont own it until you draw blood so concider it owned! lol been there before I was trying to clear out a hole in the handle with the drill press and with the vise on the platform I thought I could just hold it no need to use the vise well when the drill press caught the knife it took a flap of skin similar to yours. My first reaction was make sure the finger was still there then pick up the knife and make sure there was no damage. Then I made sure all the tools were off and put away and then did the paper towel duct tape bandage I probably should of got stitches but I had to go to work. I now have a big lump scar on my pinky finger. But it was a lesson learned I now use the vise and even though I think I could hang onto it I just tell myself hey stupid you got it use it. Glad to see it wasn't worse

24hrs later and my finger is still numb. Live and learn I guess...I wonder if I can write this off...lol. Thanks for the condolences guys.

That could have been really really bad.

yeah, it could have been, any force might have put that thing right through my finger. What you see had no resistance whatsoever. Every once in a while you have to be reminded of what these blades can do i guess.

It sure is good that more damage wasn't done. Heal well with another bit of experience learned.

Not bad for a first ER visit from knife making!:les: I do something in the knife shop that lands me in the ER about every five years wether I need it or not.:sad: I'm hoping after three of these visits I can take a breather from the next increment since 2016 will be 20.

Stop typing. Take one of the pain pills the doctor gave you and go relax and elevate your injured hand.

well, it never did really hurt. I guess it was numb through the "tomorrow you'll feel it part." But I also have a high pain tolerance. Thanks for the kind words fella's, I'll certainly go to the vise for this type of thing from now on.

Back