First Custom Knife! and first post.

dallas1

This is my first custom knife. It is a mini caper 440c stainless the handle is box elder burl with copper pins.
I also did a little file work as well. Kinda proud of how good it turned out being as it is my first.
SANY0002.jpgSANY0003.jpgSANY0005.jpgSANY0007.jpg

i like the shape & i like the file work the wife really likes the wood (color)welcome to the forum -- graveyard amutt

File work and knife,boyh look great...This is just my opinion,but I would thin the handle down a little,on the next one...of course you could still thin that one down.
Keep it up!

God bless,

Nice job, looks better than my 10th. The only thing I see is it looks like you got the pins too hot and scorched the wood giving you those black rings around your pins. Here is a tip to keep that from happening again. Cut the pins close to flush with a bandsaw or hacksaw then file them flush. Then you can start your final finish. Hope I didn't offend you. Just trying to help you out.

no way you did not offend me i thank you for the advice. As for the handles being thick every knife like this i seen had thin handles and yes they looked good but i was just going for something a little out of the norm. But i do value your comments.
highveld the key to making a nice looking knife is study these guys work! They are great Teachers even when there not trying. Come up with a plan put that plan on paper and just have fun i bet you even sup prize yourself. I know i did!

Back