First customer review of one of my knives in use!

Self Made Knives

I've had a lot of my customers say how much they like their knives or how good they look or it's their first custom knife etc. But today, I got my first review of one of mine in "real" use. This guy doesn't know me, but heard about me through another guy and bought this knife from my Facebook page. I'm always nervous if someone doesn't see it or hold it in person. Anyway, here's the pics and a quote from him:

"Best skinning knife I've ever owned"
reese antelope 1.jpg reese antelope.jpg

Congrats! You can't get better feedback than that and having someone experienced with game leave a comment like that is the best advertisement you can get. I hear ya on the nervousness part. Happens to me too sometimes. The only way to get passed it is to make more knives. Come to think of it that seems to be my answer for everything in life.... Congrats again and nice looking blade!

Thanks guys. He posted another pic. It is nice to have feedback from real world use. I made a very similar knife for my own personal use and got skunked last deer season. We had a horrible early season around here, they just weren't moving and it was like the rut started way late. I had hoped to find out for myself, but I like hearing it from stranger even better.
reese antelope 2.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Self, comments and pictures from real world use are inspiring and reassure you that your on top of things.
I sell a lot to Safari club members and the stories and pictures are almost jaw dropping.
just consider where you post your hunting pictures, not all knife collectors are into dead animals.

Got more feedback from another customer. The previous one I was talking about earlier is what I call my "Hunter 5" pattern. My "Skinner 5" pattern is one I heard about yesterday. Photo below is him and his boy, they got 2 elk out in Wyoming. I asked him how the knife did and if the edge help up, here's quote from customer:

"Skinned and quartered two elk, knife cuts meat like butter, stayed sharp to the end."

elk.jpg

Love it!
I haven't had the chance to talk with the gentleman yet, but he sent me pics of my knife in action on his Australian hunt. Hoping to see him this week so I can borrow his knife for display on my table at a knife show this weekend.

Chris

That's awesome! Of all things, it's knife to know when something you've made is actually being used. I've had a few people tell me "It's too nice to use." which is a huge compliment in itself, but when they actually USE it the way it is intended, then you can truly be honored by your work.

Congrats on the reviews.

Back