First Sheath

BruceM

First attempt, burnishing edges not so great but think my stitching was decent for the first try. Left two fingers of the handle exposed so it is easy to grip and comes out of the sheath pretty nice.

Bruce that is a great sheath. How many times did you cut it out and start to make it and realized it was for the left hand? I am a HUGE fan of the left handed sheaths.

That looks nice and neat Bruce.

May I suggest that you finish off your stitching by back stitching done the holes rather than wrapping it around the edge where it may get cut.

Bruce that is a great sheath. How many times did you cut it out and start to make it and realized it was for the left hand? I am a HUGE fan of the left handed sheaths.

You caught me! I felt kinda stupid, got it all done, slipped the knife in and it hit me.....OH Cr*p this is left-handed.:eek: My son-in-law is a lefty so, he may end up with this one.

Thanks for looking,
Bruce

Looks pretty good Bruce.I would lose that outside stitch at the top, just backstitch about three stitches and come out the back and cut.You can burn the end, or a drop of superglue, if you think you need it.Dave:)

Looks good, also a lot better than my first sheaths. Left handed carry??? not a bad thing. I'm a righty but, if I am carrying a rifle I carry it on my right shoulder and don't want my rifle banging off my knife. Makes sense to me anyway.

That looks nice and neat Bruce.

May I suggest that you finish off your stitching by back stitching done the holes rather than wrapping it around the edge where it may get cut.

Stew, Thanks for the advice on the stitching there, will do.

Looks pretty good Bruce.I would lose that outside stitch at the top, just backstitch about three stitches and come out the back and cut.You can burn the end, or a drop of superglue, if you think you need it.Dave:)

Dave,
I use CA glue on a lot of other stuff but never considered a drop on the end of the stitch. Great tip, I will use that one from now on.2thumbs
Thanks,
Bruce

Back