Folder parts and pieces....

cubby

smarty cat
my first folder design is coming along. but i need so expert help with getting things i will need. can you guys let me know what i will need to get to install the following properly. i have no mill. a grinder, drill presses, and a few bandsaws. all tapping will be by hand ect...

screws will be 2-56. what will i need to drill the holes, tap them, and counterbore my handle material for a flush/countersunk fit?

pivot will be 3/16". what will i need to counterbore it? if i decided to go with the roller pivot from Midwest in .25"... what would i need to install that cleanly and correctly?

detent. dee dee deeeeeeee. uh... it needs a detent.... so um... ah....:confused:

stop pin. 3/16". i assume a standard 3/16" will be correct and not leave a sloppy fit (shut up, George. sick bastid!).. same question applies to the pivot.

thanks for the help guys!

joe

I thought you are just coming over and we are making it ??? I think we can squeeze it in before the big show. huh1

oh, we are! but i will have to finish the OTHERS at my place! so i need to buy all the stuff.... i can only bum your gear for so long until i get kicked to the curb! LOL!!!

plus..... you'll be busy cutting my frames and liners!! :)

Really it depends on what you go with. I asked the same question a while back and got this answer.

Counterbore for pivot
counterbore for handle screws
drill bit for pivot
drill bit for handle screws
drill bit for handle pivot (if the pivot isn't going to be hidden behind the scales)
drill bit for detent ball (#55 for 1/16" ball)
drill bit for thumb stud
drill bit for stop pin
carbide spade bit
82 degree countersink
Reamer for pivot if you want a perfect hole

Back