Forged dagger

jkf96a

I haven't done a dagger since 2015, but I figured there's no time like the present. This piece is forged from some of Aldo's early Schrade 1084, with a milled fuller. Fittings are 416, and the handle is mammoth ivory. I built this one takedown, to facilitate potential future engraving. I'll have this one at Blade show. Might make the cut for my JS set, but might end up being one of the alternates.
0C922460-AD34-44DE-A89D-858DB03C0FD0.jpg

E480DEDC-AF66-494B-A97C-65209FD0239C-e1622220418183.jpg

I did fix the scratches on the handle and guard that are visible in this pic :)

Hey, Jason. I’ve really been attracted to this sort of handle design fo a while. If it’s ok to ask, can you show a pic of the knife in taken-down form? Thanks, Kevin.

Hey, Jason. I’ve really been attracted to this sort of handle design fo a while. If it’s ok to ask, can you show a pic of the knife in taken-down form? Thanks, Kevin.
I don't think I have one, let me check my phone. It's all waxed, cased, and packed for Blade.

Basic idea though, the end of the tang is threaded 8/32 to match a corby bolt. This one, the handle was tight enough to not need alignment pins at the guard. There's one pin between the butt and the handle to keep alignment there. I made the corby head into a round polished screw that holds it all together and fits into a socket in the butt cap.

I don't think I have one, let me check my phone. It's all waxed, cased, and packed for Blade.

Basic idea though, the end of the tang is threaded 8/32 to match a corby bolt. This one, the handle was tight enough to not need alignment pins at the guard. There's one pin between the butt and the handle to keep alignment there. I made the corby head into a round polished screw that holds it all together and fits into a socket in the butt cap.
Gotcha. Thanks. I think I see what you did.

Back