Framelock flipper

IanF

Here are some pics of my latest framelock. Titanium scale has had a milled pattern that was inspired initially by cracked mud - I’m not sure it looks like it now but it is pretty fun. A simple sand blast finish on Ti always looks good in my opinion. The back spacer is orange G10. Runs on bearings and all hardware sourced from USA knifemaker supplies. I’m running low on components so need to order more although international shipping always hurts!

Blade is Nitro-V and I left the belt finish which I quite like. This will be an everyday user in my pocket so no need for high grit finish on the blade. I almost tumbled the blade but so far have resisted the temptation. Anyway, I hope you like it.

B95466A9-4BA8-4F04-8B0F-025DD199AA20.jpeg
41CDEAAE-CE09-4A68-A7D1-EA92CBBFB5B8.jpeg

1CD9954E-2E23-4ECF-9FB0-34A6155A1430.jpeg

I've been waiting for a knife that looked like cracked mud.

Just kidding. Don't pay any attention to me. I need to be banned. The knife looks really cool. I've heard of Nitro-V, but I don't know anything about it. Is that a hollow grind on the blade? Cheers. :)

I've been waiting for a knife that looked like cracked mud.

Just kidding. Don't pay any attention to me. I need to be banned. The knife looks really cool. I've heard of Nitro-V, but I don't know anything about it. Is that a hollow grind on the blade? Cheers. :)
Ah so it isn’t just me that has been scouring the market for cracked mud knives!

Nitro-v is pretty much a slightly tougher version of AEB-L. I expect it to be very good for the everyday cutting tasks this knife will see.

Here are some pics of my latest framelock. Titanium scale has had a milled pattern that was inspired initially by cracked mud - I’m not sure it looks like it now but it is pretty fun. A simple sand blast finish on Ti always looks good in my opinion. The back spacer is orange G10. Runs on bearings and all hardware sourced from USA knifemaker supplies. I’m running low on components so need to order more although international shipping always hurts!

Blade is Nitro-V and I left the belt finish which I quite like. This will be an everyday user in my pocket so no need for high grit finish on the blade. I almost tumbled the blade but so far have resisted the temptation. Anyway, I hope you like it.

View attachment 78695
View attachment 78696

View attachment 78697
Ian the pivot. Has a head on one side???? Did you have to shorten the pivot length??

Ian the pivot. Has a head on one side???? Did you have to shorten the pivot length??
The pivot on this one has a screw from each side but yes I did also need to shorten the length. It is pretty rare that you get a pivot just the right length out of the box. If you shorten a pivot once your close on the grinder I like to use the pivot lap that USA knifemaker sells.

Back