Frank Niro Double bladed folder

Clydetz

Buck 110 Collector and Casper's best friend
Frank Niro Double bladed folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in June I was looking for a larger 2-bladed folder that would be easier to open than my small EDC slipjoint. While undergoing chemo therapy, the skin on my hands had peeled and my fingernails had become brittle and split making it very difficult to open the blades on my small slipjoint. I'm happy to say that Frank Niro said he could build me a folder that should meet my needs... double thumbstuds/double linerlocks. Delivery came on October 12th!

Here be the knife specs:

Length closed .... 4 ¾”
Length open ...... 8 ¼” and 8 ½”
Blade length ...... 3 ½”
Blade width ........ .093
Blade steel ........ 154CM (satin finished)
Blade types ........ Clip Point & Wharncliffe
Liners ................ .050 thick 6AL4V titanium file worked anodized
Back spacers ....... 6AL4V titanium file worked and anodized
Bolsters .............. 416 stainless
Bolster screws ..... 2 X 56 24 carat gold plated
Scale screws ........ 2 X 56 24 carat gold plated
Scales ................ mammoth ivory with blue colouring
Thumb studs ....... 6AL4V titanium file worked, anodized and with a red ruby inset

And here are the pictures... finally! (my camera went 'belly up' and I borrowed my sister's Kodak)...

Frank doesn't usually give names to his creations but he calls this one "Double Lightning" so I figured it needed a special background...

009-7.jpg

007-9.jpg

015-5.jpg

019-6.jpg

023-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

I thank you for looking and I'm sure Mr. Niro does too.

Last edited:
AMAZING! Congrats on your new knife, and I applaud Mr. Niro on the folder its beautiful! God Bless you both!

Fantastic!!!!!!!

Clydetz, prayers and best wishes with your recovery. You have a winner with this one.

Good job on this knife Mr. Niro. Very nice work.

Craig

You can count yourself very fortunate to have one of Frank's folders. He's a wonderful artist.

Best wishes for recovery.

WOW, WOW, THAT IS BEAUTIFUL FRANK. Congrats on your knew knife Gary that is something to be proud of.

I love this knife! Thank you all for the kind words and thank you Frank for taking the time to build me one of your folders with my two favorite blades. :1:

Gary,
that's one of the most beautiful double bladed folders I've had the pleasure to feast my eyes on...
there ain't a better fella I can think of to be giving it a good home either.
Frank, brother...that folder just sends an electric ripple up my spine.

Back