Gas forges in California.....

bladegrinder

I just got this email, while it means nothing to most of us, I found it interesting in a bad kind of way.
(As you are aware, the City of Berkeley, CA voted in July to ban the use of natural gas in newly constructed homes and buildings beginning in 2020. Several other cities, including San Jose and Seattle, are considering taking similar action within their city councils. Today, APGA sent out a press statement addressing the potential action by these cities. A copy of the press release is below.)

If it can't be fixed...………….BAN IT!
It appears big brother is again deciding what's best for their people, this is more than likely the first step to ban any gas forges in city limits, at least if there not approved by some bureaucratic panel.

So I have to wonder, how many electrical accident's have to occur before they ban electric? they can't fall back on wood stoves because they don't believe in prescribed burns so when there's a fire......up go all the trees.
Next up...…. driverless cars for everyone, and we all see how that's going.

It appears big brother is again deciding what's best for their people, this is more than likely the first step to ban any gas forges in city limits, at least if there not approved by some bureaucratic panel.
Noooo, if you pay the $2,000 registration fee you can keep your forge...Its not about the money though.

True story.... In 2012 I was the Project Manager over a $45 million expansion project at the Valero refinery in Benicia, California. $25 million dollars in and 2 weeks before beginning major mechanical construction, a CEPA visit found some kinda pink legged frog and shut us down for 6 months to see if it was an endangered pink legged frog or just the normal one. I told the Plant Manager it was going to cost him $2-5 million more in delays, permits and re-mobilization. He asked what we would do if the same situation occurred in Louisiana. I told him we would have crop dusted the entire site with round-up and DDT prior to calling the EPA for inspection. When they arrived it wouldn't have been anything living to cause a delay. He thought I was joking........

I didn't know they'd let you make knives in Berkley. And I had to laugh at Redbaird's comment on "crop dusted the entire site with round-up and DDT prior to calling the EPA" He's right, our bayous are filled with unfunded super sites waiting for the next hurricane to wash them out to the gulf.

I know this, most all restaurants use natural gas or propane so passing some new law where possibly restaurants and commercial business's get to use natural gas but it's against the law for new homeowners and builders is ridiculous.
This is just a knee jerk reaction to some bad incidents that happened. I haven't read the whole plan their working on but I will eventually thru my job.
I would assume their going to outlaw propane tanks for installation at homes too.

I think that it's just a ploy to make everyone go to renewable energy. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of being able to harness energy that's already out there that doesn't require the use of fossil fuels but what do you fall back on if the wind's not blowing and the sun's down? That's a lot of problems to be solved in three months.

Doug

Ok, so I looked into this more and any mishaps and recent explosions have nothing to do with these ideas.
It's the going green business, New York is riding this train too.
so their plan, or at least in NY is that they want to eliminate the use of natural gas by the year 2030.

Being in the natural gas industry I'd say all their going to do is make a lot of their constituents mad and screw with the economy.

Ok, so I looked into this more and any mishaps and recent explosions have nothing to do with these ideas.
It's the going green business, New York is riding this train too.
so their plan, or at least in NY is that they want to eliminate the use of natural gas by the year 2030.

Being in the natural gas industry I'd say all their going to do is make a lot of their constituents mad and screw with the economy.
I'd like to know what they plan on using in it's place. Electricity doesn't work for everything.

Yes, and electric cars don't get the advertised mileage if you turn on the heater or the air conditioner and the batteries take a lot longer to charge than to fill a tank with gas or propane.

Doug

IF ANY OF THE GLOBAL WARMING STUFF WERE TRUE None of it matters when the rest of the world says, “ummm naw”. We are but a blip on the radar.

Back