Gateway knife club

bubba-san

Hello folks , does any one know if the knife show at The Carpenters hall in St louis, Still a functioning entity?

I have been going to thier shows for a few years . However, I cant find anything on this years show ?

If anyone has any info on this please let me Know . Its usually held in January around the end of month

thanks .... Bubba

All right , Doug. If you want to share a table that would be cool , I have a lot of stuff to sell . Let me know and we can reserve a table ... Bubba

Its usually a pretty good show .

I was just talking about going but now that you mention it i also have a bunch of stuff i could sell also. Let me know when you find some info on it and i will check my calender.

I think we are covered. I talked to mike O. and , he said he could get us table even though all tables are technically sold .... Bubba

Gateway Area Knife Show
St Louis, MO
January 28 - 29
Saturday & Sunday
Carpenter's Hall
1401 Hampton Ave

I'll definently be headed there , I'm workin on gettin back to the "grind" ,after life got a bit complicated . Hope to visit with you again ,Bubba .

Hey Dan hows it going ? I will have a table there this time , in the custom section . Looking forward to seeing you again . Hope you had nice holiday and everything is well. Bubba

I'm gonna be looking for some supplies and inspiration . I'm sure there will be plenty of both . It's also a treat to talk with folks with similar interests .
Hopefully there will be a few more Knifedogs posters there to meet , too .
See ya'll there !

I am sure there will be plenty of inspiration for sure . It was a great show last year , although I did get there a little late. If the weather is good it will be packed !!. Make sure you keep your ticket stub , there will be numerous drawings for custom blades and, I think a new grinder .

Last edited:
Bad news , dont think I have a table ? the guy that canceled now wants his table ? members of gateway club have priority . I hope it snows a foot.

Yes sir . You never can tell, might get a last minute cancellation ??? I will bring a medium suitcase full of stuff to sell . I was going to bring a folding picnic table just in case they had room but, the city occupancy rules only lets them have so many tables .. See you there.

Yes I did , made a nice skinner from the 5160 steel . Gave it to my brother for his birthday . turned out pretty good

Jumping in late on this thread..., yea, it's on, and yea, tables were sold out six months ago. I joined the Gateway club back in Nov, and this show is a pretty big deal for them, plan for it all year, etc. Being local and all, I'd go, but turns out that weekend I have to be in San Diego on a business trip,and can't get out of it (believe me I've tried). Anyway, I think it should be a good show, given all the planning and such.

Hello folks , does any one know if the knife show at The Carpenters hall in St louis, Still a functioning entity?

I have been going to thier shows for a few years . However, I cant find anything on this years show ?

If anyone has any info on this please let me Know . Its usually held in January around the end of month

thanks .... Bubba

I had a load of personal problems arise , therefore I missed the show . So how about the highlights ? Any smokin deals ?
Just wondering .

Well Bubba didnt do to bad. Id say i broke about even with expences. Thats a nice little show. There was alot of things going on in the city competing for peoples time. So i can say for my first show it was a good learning experiance talking with fellow knifemakers about the good old days. Here is a pic of Bubba at his table.

Attachments

• bubba image.jpg
    bubba image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
I had a load of personal problems arise , therefore I missed the show . So how about the highlights ? Any smokin deals ?
Just wondering .

There were a few you had to be fast though . Sold a bunch of my small sword steel blades . and sold 3 swords , when I finish them LOL. We had a pretty good time all in all. Had a lot of competition from huge veterans Parade . 250,000 attended it . Free food and beer at show.
made some good connections for all kinds of stuff. Lots of local makers ...... not too bad with the free grits and suds .

Back