GIB Dust Buster!!

James Keenan

Well here it is, my Grinder in a box "in a box" dust evacuation set up, I, welded it up from 18 gauge steel and box tube, the cage fan really pulls some air, it seems to work great! All that fine dust is ejected before settling on my machine equipment.

That's a great set up. I'm going to shamelessly copy your setup. :) I have a hand finishing bench in my basement and would like to add my grinder. I can see a set up like this would let me use a belt grinder in the basement as well.

James,
That looks like a great to contain the dust. I also use a plastic strip curtain to help keep all of the dust out of the front wear my showroom is.

Hmmmm! I may have to look into that. Your comment, "All that fine dust is ejected before settling on my machine equipment" makes me think, "if I built one of those and also used it when using my angle grinders and disk grinder I might keep my shop a lot cleaner." I'm thinking a unit that I could roll to where I do each operation.

Thank you, of course, now my forehead is flat again from slapping myself and saying, "now, why didn't I think of that.:les:

Awesome, I have a the same squirrel cage mounted in a small window above my work bench, only problem I'm having is the blower sucks air from both sides over the motor.

Well-executed as always, James. Looking at this setup gives me some inspiration to improve my own. Thanks!

Back