gnarly

GHEzell

Roe deer antler, 11 layer blade of 1084 and 15n20, bronze liners and washers, brass pins, and a steel pivet...
Yyg163_zpsfd814d77.jpg

Yyg159_zps2787952b.jpg

This particular knife was a challenge, every step of the way it fought me, but I prevailed in the end...
I was given this piece of antler along with 2 others because my friend thought they were pretty but just too gnarly to use. I had to strategically remove a point or two but was able to modify it enough that it is comfortable to hold, particularly in the right hand, and it was just too pretty not to use.... The blade looks better in person, the evening sun was making capturing a good image difficult.

Thanks for looking.

Sweet & Gnarly!

I like the blade and the antler, Not sure if that one would carry in your pocket?
Not all folders get carried, I myself would call it a Desk knife for marketing purpose's.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

That is one of those knives you just wish you could see in person so you could grab it and look at it from all angles.
Impressive looking piece.

Thanks guys!

Laurence, I ended up making a sheath for it (felt odd making a sheath for a folder) that can be worn around the neck or pocketed... it is pretty comfortable in the right hand, and not bad in the left. I don't think this would be my first choice for a hard use knife, but for general light cutting it works pretty well.

Back